Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokey hat

I have heard nothing but good about the Pokey Hat Lady and her service - until the post that started this.
    Please don't be discouraged, PHL
    Can only agree with the above and I know first hand Pokey Hat will give kids goodies even if they didna' have quite enough change. Keep up the good work Pokey Hat don't let the negative bandwagon get you down

Can I just say that Pokey Hat Lady, the few times I have seen her, seems a lovely lady. It just be hard work trying to make a living from the van. I hope that all these great reports will give her the energy to keep going as you seem to be much loved.

As a ex shopkeeper I know that no matter how hard to try to please folk, some just want to complain. Ignore them if you can I keep the kids & adults of Caithness full of Ice creams & sweets

I have read through all the posts and would just like to say to the O P if you weren't happy then why didn't you go back to the van and complain instead of coming on here and bad mouthing Patricia, I don't know her personally but I do know my daughter and all her friends love going to see her when the van come's round and she is really good to the kid's.

I really don't get why when some folks aren't happy about the service they receive or any other problems they feel the need to go on the web and complain instead of doing the decent thing and going and complaining to the person face to face.

Trisha you provide a fabulous service and always with a great big smile, you are patient with the wee ones and never hurry them along, for those moaners who would moan to thousands on an internet forum anonymously and possibly put the final nail in a struggling businesses coffin, I hope you are proud of yourself, this woman works damn hard for very little thanks.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Default pokey hat

I have never read such rubbish than the original post.....did the gurning start after the sweets (that were bought, packed up, and driven to your house) eaten??
    My children get the ice-cream van every week and I have not a bad word to say. In fact the lady is very friendly and patient. My five year old went out last week "coz he is a big boy now and can do it himself" as I watched on he ordered played for and came home with his sweets. I can't thank her enough for being so patient with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    What were penny sweeties are now 3p-5p each and smaller than remembered....(what were)half penny sweeties are at least 2p..
    Big ones are 10p -20p each.
    Eeee, and you could go to t'pictures, have a fish supper, and get t'bus home and still have change from thruppence ha'penny!

Aye, this growing old is a right nuisance!

Well all I can say is my family would be gutted if we didn't get our ice cream from the van on a Saturday night! Even the dog gets his wee tub of Vanilla and goes nuts when he hears the chimes :-) Don't give it up Trish ........You do a fantastic job, and have the patience of a saint while the wee ones are choosing what to have! Good luck for the future !xxxx

As far as support for the sweetie van goes, it's clear from this thread where the balance of opinion lies, and pokey hat has little to worry about if her buisness can be sustained by goodwill alone.

The kids in the Glebe are all delighted to hear you on a Sunday afternoon................and quite a number of the grown ups too. Keep up the good work.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

The silence from the op is deafening, would think an apology should have been offered at the least
    W.A.T.P.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12