Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: UKIP for Eastleigh?

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Oh dear! I was actually agreeing with what you said.
    I was also pointing out that the same is, and will happen in Scotland by the politico's of whatever flavour / colour. They will subsidise and legislate towards the powerbase, that is where the votes are.
    In The UK, the MP's don't give a toss what happens outside London / South East. It is where the money & votes are. In Scotland the central belt is where the money & votes are.
    Ah.......but much easier for a significant proportion of the Scottish punters to congregate en masse in Edinburgh to protest a Government's utter crap than it has ever been in the UK. Even a million UK punters didn't encourage Bliar homewards to think again. A million Scottish punters in Edinburgh congregating in front of Holyrood would work like a club with nails in it aimed at every Parliamentarian head!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    One issue for Scotland,the SNP is exactly this, except the geography is different. The central belt is getting the focus, to my mind Edinburgh and it's suburbia more so.
    This is visible already, especially when you see what is happening to service in rural areas.
    Scotland will get the same but different from politicians, independent or otherwise!
    So you can't deny that UK politicians subsidise and legislate for London and the South and pretty much
    ignore everywhere else..and they assumed we were all too thick to notice........because if you could, I'm very sure you would have. Are you basing the Edinburgh and it's suburbia more so on the tram debacle? That, actually was passed against the SNP and passed by the Union oriented majority.

What happens now, and on what you appear to be basing your opinion, does not dictate what will necessarily happen in the future.....because all the Scottish opposition in an independent Scotland won't be continually trashing anything the SNP Government of Scotland tries to get through to suit their UK dictated agenda (which is currently that the SNP are bad people wanting to break up the Union and must be opposed in anything which won't make the Union parties look bad.....with opposition MSPs bearing in mind that Independence would kill their hopes for a lucrative UK political future) but will, I hope, actually encourage them to do what they are elected to do.....which is work for their constituents and their country. Can't say I've noticed a majority of Edinburgh voters demanding the tram system...any more than I ever noticed a majority of UK punters demanding a war on Iraq.......but I may very well have missed something.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456