Personally I don't see why anyone would be against home education.
IMO a school environment can be extremely over rated, especially nowadays.
Bullying is at a high and class sizes are growing rapidly.

The ever increasing usage of the internet and the masses of information it enables us to obtain makes home education much more informative, varied and in depth than many schools are able to offer.
I really don't see that any child is going to suffer from receiving one on one schooling at home and IMO a lot of the "social" skills that a child learns at school can be far from productive, but just as easily gained in club and family activities.
Please note though that I am NOT suggesting we do away with a school education, or that it isn't a productive environment most of the time or that teachers are being taken over by the tinternet. (Just wanted to clear that up. ).

Let's face it the majority of us have at some point in our adult life made the statement that we've learnt more since leaving school.
I passed all my exams at school but I have to say Maths was way over my head, I just couldn't grasp it. However since leaving school I've been able to master all those subjects I once found difficult.

The problem IMO is that the education system is too set in its ways. There's a certain way of teaching that is adhered to and if a child doesn't grasp that particular way of learning they fall behind. Show them a different way to learn the same thing though and they often pick it up right away. All kids are different and being expected to be at a certain level at a certain age or else you are classed as behind just doesn't work.
All it does is leave a child with a horrific memory of school and with feelings of inadequacy and uselessness.