You have obviously learned a lot from the posts of Jjc. In dedication you got the style perfectly.
To bring the underlying tensions to the surface and debate them in a grown up fashion could have settled some of the differences and pehaps not. I have seen various threads disintegrate because of the nit-picking arguements which could have been avoided if a different approach was used by the protagonists. My methods might be considered extreme but something had to be done.
In a very Jjc like way, you have misconstrued my comments about grammar and 'facts'. I am aware of my rusty English as it has been 43 years since I got my Higher English and I have never learned to type. I would never take umbrage at criticism of my spelling or my spacing. However, in the instance I was quoting, I was sending him an apology in a fairly humourous way and got torn apart for my troubles. I was on the verge of pulling out of the Forum at that point and did not post for some time there-after.
A lot of the time Jjc was right but I have never conceded that he had"ripped me to bits". If you, or anyone else, wants to step into his shoes, feel free.
Perhaps I've had enough life experience to see life a bit different from yourself. Does it matter.
If it is the decision of the Forum Members that I no longer grace the threads with my Nom de Plume, so be it.