For my first post on the Org I humbly offer the following thoughts and observations on dreams.

It would seem to me that dreams often reflect our current concerns and anxieties. Dreaming is a kind of thinking, usually during sleep.
Children under the age of ten seldom dream. Blind people do not dream in colour. They dream of sounds and tastes and smells. Many blind people commonly dream of bumping into things or losing their guide dog. Not surprisingly, creative people can have creative dreams, which can help them at work in their waking life. Some people do not dream at all and suffer no mental or physical disadvantages as a consequence.
The evidence seems pretty convincing that only humans dream, which kicks into touch the idea that dreaming has any evolutionary adaptive function.

What seems to be complete nonesense is that dreams: have a problem-solving function, can predict the future, clear out redundant memories from the previous day, are useful indicators for unrecognized physical illness or that they fit in a recognized code of mystical symbols.
There are people making a living from peddling this rubbish, but they are modern day snake-oil salesmen.

Dreams may well be a series of scenes and feelings commonly occurring in the mind during sleep, but, they mean nothing and as far as the scientific community is concerned, they are just involuntary things that happen to us when we are relaxed and external stimuli have been cut off.

Thanks for listening.