Here is some of the info I have gleaned... I would suggest you read Donald Campbell's book 'Widows of Clyth' it is fiction, but based on this tragedy. It's been reprinted and can be purchased on line.

I also give details from the local newspaper - John O Groat Journal.
I hope this will help.

I am not able to reply to all questions here, but will do my best from time to time.

From Donald Campbell’s book
"On 26th Jan 1876 six men from Clyth put out to sea to fish for Haddock
David Sutherland, Thomas Sutherland, William Sutherland,
Robert Sutherland, Donald Sinclair and William MacKay
The following morning the boat was wrecked and they were all lost.
Between them they left five widows and 26 children in a state of acute poverty"
--------------------------------------------------------------
FROM THE J. O. G. JOURNAL , Feb 3rd 1876
"David Sutherland age 50yrs leaves a widow and 6 children
the eldest 12yrs and the youngest ???????
Thomas Sutherland age 40 brother of David Sutherland. He leaves a widow and 7 children. From 17yrs to 15 months.
Donald Sinclair age 43 leaves a widow and 6 children – from 12yrs to 3months. He also leaves his father and mother aged about 80yrs and an old aunt who was entirely dependant on him.
William Sutherland age 30yrs leaves a widow and 5 children 7yrs to 5weeks.
Robert Sutherland age 26yrs leaves a widow and 2 children 3yrs and 14months.
William MacKay single, leaves mother and brother both dependant on him."
The widow of David Sutherland has lost her husband and two brothers –
William and Robert also her brother in law Thomas.
The widow of Thomas Sutherland has lost her husband, also her brother Donald Sinclair and brother in law D Sutherland.
The widow of Donald Sinclair has lost her husband.
William Sutherland’s wife lost husband, brother Daniel Sinclair and two brothers in law Robert and Thomas Sutherland
Robert Sutherland’s wife lost husband, and brother in law David Sutherland.
The old man Sutherland and wife have lost their two sons William and Robert, and David Sutherland son in law, and William MacKay also a relative.

From DEATH CERTS. I HAVE FOUND.
  1. THOMAS SUTHERLAND
Marr to Helen Sinclair. His father Andrew Sutherland, mother Jane nee Forbes. wItness James Sinclair nephew in law.
1876 DONALD SUTHERLAND
Married to Elizabeth Sutherland His father James Sinclair and mother Margaret nee MacKay witness James Sinclair Nephew.
  1. WILLIAM SUTHERLAND
married to Margaret Sinclair his father William Sutherland mother Isabella nee Clyne witness Henry Sutherland, brother
Body not found.
  1. ROBERT SUTHERLAND married to Isabella Clark
Father William Sutherland mother Isabella nee Clyne witness Henry Sutherland brother. Body not found
  1. DAVID SUTHERLAND married to Elizabeth Sutherland
Father Andrew Sutherland and Jane nee Forbes witness Henry Sutherland brother in law. Body not found.

E&OE

I'm still working on William MacKay.