I Have Orange broadband and its been working great for the past month or so, i believe that they updated some software on the livebox itself for a new feature starting soon... but over the last 5 days or so, i have had some major connection problems but only with the wireless side of the modem.

the livebox was working fine but then it decided to disconnect me and start to give me private network addresses... I.E. useless IP Addresses that would not let surf or use the network... instead of the DHCP assigning me the usual 192.168.... type addresses is should and normally did.

The other day i changed the name of the network, the password and the signal number it transmits on and upon the password change it was fixed and back to normal.
well... for 2 days at least and now i am back at square 1...
i have spent most of the evening checking all the settings and performing changes step by step to try and identify the problem...

my only guesses are as follows...

orange have a few technical issue's (very dubious as i am pretty sure its the modems job to assign IP's and no connection to orange to do so is needed) The LAN connectuon is working fine, as mentioned...

Alternatively on a diferent note i have been reading about a lot of solar activity and was maybe thinking that this could be interfering, as the problem so far is intermittent... (long shot i know but plausible)

Other than that i can only think its a problem that has arisen from orange updating the software on the modem... i am expecting a long and boring conversation tomorrow with technical support...

i was wonderng if anyone else with the orange service was having the same problem....

Sorry to bore you..

Thanks in advance for any help or advice...