Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: James Ward Dunnet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default James Ward Dunnet

Anyone connected to James Ward Dunnet born 1821 in Pultney, son of James Dunnet and Jane Ward?
    According to census Jane Ward was from Orkney but have been unable to confirm that.
    James Ward Dunnet married Jane Dunnet, daughter of John Dunnet and Christina Sutherland, in Wick in 1844.
    They had 9 children that I know of -
    James,Jane(my gggrandmother),John,Christina,Alexanderina,George, Donald,Charlotte and Alexander. I have information about most of these children.
    My gggrandmother Jane Dunnet married James Sinclair, son of James Sinclair and Catherine Lyall, in 1872. James(married to Jane Dunnet)was drowned at sea in Dec 1875.They had one daughter,Jeannie who married William Bain from Sarclet.Jane Sinclair nee Dunnet then married William More from Sarclet. They had one son,Donald born 1879.

I have had tremendous help from lots of folk including the Sarcleteers group but I'm always on the look out for more connections

Should also mention that the following names are also connected with these families - Gunn,Bremner,Craig,Cook,Sutherland,Fletcher and probably a few more
    Last edited by airdlass; 19-Dec-06 at 14:08.