Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
I'd be on the phone to get the organisers to tidy it up immediately. Shameful that they allowed all the participants to discard their refuse like this.......

As for the ceremony itself, what was that all about? i got lost about 15 mins in and ended up watching a movie. not impressed at all with it looking like they were taking the P out of Scotland.
It was a bit curate's eggish.

It was shade too UKOK oriented and cringemaking in tone, in the first part, but then it is the Commonwealth Games, and we are still part of the UK, for now, and it was a NuLabour Glasgow organised thing so everything militated against anything but subliminal UKOK advertising.

I was a bit cheesed off at the bussing in of so many BBC London placemen to be the main commentators/presenters.....and did the same person who came up with the Team Scotland tartan design bogging John Barrowman's bogging suit?

But, surprisingly, it worked over all...and a lot less self congratulatory and jingoistic than the London Olympics equivalent. Nobody takes the P out of Scotland and the Scots better than we do ourselves! Seems to have generally gone down well enough.......but the athletes entering the arena was the main show and I did like the music, particularly Freedom Come All Ye when Team Scotland came on.

Just a shame about the UKOK crowd not adhering to the rules about not being political, and not waving the flags of countries not taking part, with the handing out of double sided Saltire/Union Jack flags, given they did not do the same to the English, Welsh and NI Flags..and Team GB is not taking part. So much for keeping politics out of it.