Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Old Bruan Church.

Default Old Bruan Church.

I took this photograph tonight from inside the old churcg at Bruan. I am rather curious to find out what the purpose of this window was. The only thing I could think of was, it has something to do with when the sun shines through the window at a certain time of day and the light shone onto the floor of the church, but for what reason?
    I am quite interested in finding out the reason behind it.
    Only sensible replies please.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late
    I took this photograph tonight from inside the old churcg at Bruan. I am rather curious to find out what the purpose of this window was. The only thing I could think of was, it has something to do with when the sun shines through the window at a certain time of day and the light shone onto the floor of the church, but for what reason?
    I am quite interested in finding out the reason behind it.
    Only sensible replies please.
    That lets me out. I tried to be sensible once but nobody took me seriously!

Hope you get an answer though because it sounds like the reason should be interesting.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

As someone who should know, I haven't got a clue. Perhaps it was set to let the light in at just the right angle to illumine the Bible and sermon notes at the normal time of Service on a Sunday morning. Or maybe that is where the Communion Table or Baptismal Font were placed. But I am just guessing.

2little2late,once seen the same kind o' thing in an auld church in Ayrshire that had no electricity.It was to give light to the vicar to read his sermon.Don't know if its the same reason here though.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho