Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Landmarker's back.

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by weeboyagee
    Welcome back and happy birthday! All we need is Szin-ny boy and we're nearly back to the compliment that willl get the threads hot and sizzling again

WBG
    Yes I agree, WBG, we definitely need DrSzin back as well as Landmarker to add some more sizzle! I miss the good doctor's sczintillating posts!

Quote Originally Posted by weeboyagee
    Welcome back and happy birthday! All we need is Szin-ny boy and we're nearly back to the compliment that willl get the threads hot and sizzling again!

Where ya bin? What ya bin doin? Now remember, this doesn't make us all pals now! Won't take you long to get us all champin' at the bit again - but we missed it - we did!

WBG
    What are ye lot on about? The good Doc has never been away, he is like gleber2 lurking in the undergrowth, just look closely the next time you see a bush sneeze
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by Sporran
    The whole Findhorn Bay area is an attractive, peaceful haven, and I think you'll like it.
    Noted Sporran. Thanks very much.
    l/m

Hey, Landmarker - a Youngster, eh! Happy birthday.. and enjoy the hol.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Default thanks a lot....

....for all the good wishes. Blimey! I'm touched.

Just one closing thought before me hols the Hyde Park Corner' site has been 'suspended' for some reason - I dunno why but it's inaccessible.
    Might be temporary, will try again when I get back. Ready for an early night - ish and expect the A74 to be quite busy with all those Gretna fans going to the final.

si'thee

landmarker

Sounds to me like Gretna have done a Wigan. Gone from "Don't be Silly!" to "I can't Believe It!" and left everybody scratching their heads.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Welcome back, landmarker, is the avatar you or John Mcvie?

Quote Originally Posted by landmarker
    ....for all the good wishes. Blimey! I'm touched.

Just one closing thought before me hols the Hyde Park Corner' site has been 'suspended' for some reason - I dunno why but it's inaccessible.
    Might be temporary, will try again when I get back. Ready for an early night - ish and expect the A74 to be quite busy with all those Gretna fans going to the final.

si'thee

landmarker
    Hope it was a good one Landmarker & Many Happy Returns!

Enjoy your hols & if you get a chance, visit Portknockie & Cullen. You just have to sample the original Cullen Skink & the ice-cream in Cullen (in the wee shoppie just down from the square). Oh - and don't forget to buy some butteries (or rowies) while you're there - lightly toasted or warmed in the oven - spread with butter - just the job the "morning after the night before" sampling the vast menu of Scottish malts etc. Never touch the stuff myself, of course, being a true Scotswoman, but have found that all of these local "delicacies" hit the spot, whatever your alcohol preference is Have fun!

Default Moira, & all

great weather from Wednesday and we got as far west as Buckie.

Fell in love with Cullen, and Portknockie. Banff and Macduff grew on us. We didnae want to come home - only family bring us back here to this overgrown urban mess.

So many English up there, all seemingly welcomed by the Scots we talked to. All seemed to have integrated willingly and happily.

Cullen was stonking, and my wife enjoyed the skink! What a beach , what a viaduct and what a lovely pint of velvet in the three kings!

Fyvie castle was interesting and for anyone interested I'll stick a few piccies on a web page soon enough.

chilling now with a few cans of the said 'velvet' Glad to be be home in a way but looking forward to Talmine in July ! I might stop for a brew on the way up there!!!

I was 'banned' for blanking out a word in my post that rhymes with 'wrap', and can often be associated with cats toilet habits. It seemed such an innocuous thing to do. Oh well, we live and learn.
    Are you sure it was for that? I have just searched for the word in the other threads and there seems to be a lot of posters typing it, including me, and getting away with it.

Welcome back though!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    Are you sure it was for that? I have just searched for the word in the other threads and there seems to be a lot of posters typing it, including me, and getting away with it.

Welcome back though!
    Yes, I'm sure . If I'd written the word itself I'd have been okay.
    I can only assume the system thought I meant the other 'c' word, which I seldom use in conversation, and never use in print.
    We live and learn. I must say a month soon passed by, and the last week absolutely flew.

The funny thing is, is it that if you had written it out properly the censor doesn't pick it up and you would have got away with it.

Just search for the word and you will see many threads with it in.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

great weather from Wednesday and we got as far west as Buckie.

Fell in love with Cullen, and Portknockie. Banff and Macduff grew on us. We didnae want to come home - only family bring us back here to this overgrown urban mess.

So many English up there, all seemingly welcomed by the Scots we talked to. All seemed to have integrated willingly and happily.

Cullen was stonking, and my wife enjoyed the skink! What a beach , what a viaduct and what a lovely pint of velvet in the three kings!

Fyvie castle was interesting and for anyone interested I'll stick a few piccies on a web page soon enough.

chilling now with a few cans of the said 'velvet' Glad to be be home in a way but looking forward to Talmine in July ! I might stop for a brew on the way up there!!!
    I'm glad you enjoyed your hols. I just knew you would love Cullen & Portknockie! My second home !

I'm not quite sure why you seem surprised by the acceptance of the English folks in the Banff & Buchan region. It's the same here in Caithness - despite some of things you may read here.

Bit late in posting happy belated birthday and welcome back.

welcome back landmarker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12