Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PA's...

Anyway, Behringer. I wouldn't, not even if you paid me.[/quote]

Not even for 50P?

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Cowie View Post

Not even for 50P?
    I'm being very petty but sort yer quotes out min

have your [QUOTE] finish with a forward slash in the other when commenting. It just confuses people other wise.
    Last edited by zebedy; 20-Feb-10 at 20:45. Reason: explanation to quoting explained
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

[quote=zebedy;663360]I'm being very petty but sort yer quotes out min

have your
    finish with a forward slash in the other when commenting. It just confuses people other wise.
    Being even more petty "min" is an ancient Egyptian word for God and as much as I'm flattered I am not worthy.

"Yer" is just bad grammer.

"have" should have a capital "H" as it's the start of a sentence.

Zebedy you really should get out more.

saying this you had time to sit sort out all my bad punctuation and such?

your as good as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy View Post
    saying this you had time to sit sort out all my bad punctuation and such?

your as good as I am.
    As the saying goes Zebedy "people in glass houses...."

Cazart! Havent been on the forum for ages but it's good to see some things never change. Huy!
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Cowie View Post
    "Yer" is just bad grammer.
    This needs one of Jeid's famous "face/palms", along with an added "OMG! EPIC FAIL!!!!!!one!!oneone!!!!!eleventyone!!!!".
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    This needs one of Jeid's famous "face/palms", along with an added "OMG! EPIC FAIL!!!!!!one!!oneone!!!!!eleventyone!!!!".
    Me being not the best speller ever just got this and lol'd

Oi, leave wee Zeb alone... he's a drummer. Christ, being able to communicate is an achievement! Drummers are like cavemen... "me take stick and hit drum, it go boom boom? oh oh oh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Oi, leave wee Zeb alone... he's a drummer. Christ, being able to communicate is an achievement! Drummers are like cavemen... "me take stick and hit drum, it go boom boom? oh oh oh!"
    Oi watch lip, you! Or I bash wiv big pole. 4 times only though.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

I can't imagine it would be in time though

Had a wee proposition from a certain Chobbersjnr (I think thats him) for 2 speakers....which i am interested in!

Am willing to spend under £500 now though.......

and,

Is anyone interested buying that amp that I bought from Logan? Never really used it and dont need it now..........

£180 o.n.o!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Had a wee proposition from a certain Chobbersjnr (I think thats him) for 2 speakers....which i am interested in!
    If anyone is to sort you out with adequate equipment your in good hands with Chobbers mate.

I cant believe ive just read a single thread where somebody praised Behringer and slated Allen and Heath.

Sigh. . . . . . .

Surely if Behringer had such reliability issues then they wouldnt be in such wide use? I dont use their gear because i dont think it sounds good or is that well designed, but i've never heard anything about them being particularly fragile. Have you had bad experiences with gear breaking down Jeid? I would hate to think you're being portentous just for the sake of it.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    I cant believe ive just read a single thread where somebody praised Behringer and slated Allen and Heath.

Sigh. . . . . . .
    I've actually had an Allen & Heath GS3000 recording console for over 10 years without a single issue! Suppose some people just have had a bad experience and assume all that companies products are useless!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Ive used a few behringers from different sources and i always find that the pots and faders wear out rather fast. I have also used one only two years old that had the right main send die halfway through a concert. made cowboy patching interesting.
    Behringer are quite open about using cheap components, which would explain my experience of them wearing out quite fast.
    Ive never had a problem with allen and heath. They are fine for the price bracket they are in and the desks i use regularly have lasted over 7 years.

I dont think Jeid is being "portentous" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Surely if Behringer had such reliability issues then they wouldnt be in such wide use? I dont use their gear because i dont think it sounds good or is that well designed, but i've never heard anything about them being particularly fragile. Have you had bad experiences with gear breaking down Jeid? I would hate to think you're being portentous just for the sake of it.
    I've never had much experience of gear breaking down because I try and get the best I can afford, not just stuff that a company has blatantly ripped off from another. See below for example.

Behringer Desk at the top, Midas at the bottom...

Check their pedal range as well, it makes me lol.

I would hate to think you're being portentous just for the sake of it.
    Nah, I'm not being portentous...

Behringer's range of stompboxes make me lol also.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Ah right. It's just that you spoke with great authority on the reliability, or lack of it, where Behringer are concerned. Selah. They're certainly not the first company to be inspired by other peoples designs. But for that, we'd still be recording with German tape machines.

What hardware are you recording with now Jeid? Motu?

Using parentheses is fun, isnt it "Big Kev"!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast