Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Trees

Default Trees

Anyone noticed that a team of wood butchers were in the square at Thurso Yesterday?

Default Trees

In their defence... The trees are all knackered as they were over pruned for years by people with not a clue.. they are also past their best before date - the bark is all falling off and they are dying. These types of tree would normally have a lifespan of about 80 years, and they have been there for about 90, so I understand.

I think the plan is to take up 1 or 2 at a time and re-plant.

I too was annoyed when I first heard that the council wanted to tear them all up but I went and asked the questions to find out why... and they have a point.

Fair doos.....I suppose it will help with the starling problems as well

It will be terrible to do away with the trees in the square, Thurso wouldnt be the same, its like a landmark. i notice the fairy lights are still around the trees. they look so lovely with the blue lights at christmas,

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    they look so lovely with the blue lights at christmas,
    I totally agree they look really good with the blue lights on but they are still on at nights just now till just after midnight or so.

You're just jealous because the
    voices are talking to me and not you!

Perhaps they could replace them with fairly well grown young oak trees, they should outlive the square.
    I understand yew trees last a bit longer than 80 years as well.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.