Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Macro photographs

Unhappy Spider

The lines might lead the eye into the subject matter, but there is no getting away from the fact that my sensitive bits have dust bunnies.

It's out with the wipes and alcohol tomorrow. If I do not post anymore photos for a while it means that I have ruined my oxide layers.
    Things that go bump in the night generally have been influenced by a Siamese

What a beauty!!

Try an arctic butterfly to treat your sensitive bits, I had this done the other day and it worked a treat

More hair....

Almost alien like...

Raven, Pure class. Nothing more can be said :-))
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Thumbs down it's not going well......

Quote Originally Posted by psyberyeti View Post
    It's out with the wipes and alcohol tomorrow. If I do not post anymore photos for a while it means that I have ruined my oxide layers.
    I hate doing sensor cleaning. At one point I thought that I had scratched the CMOS oxide layer

I've run down two full batteries and all I'm doing is moving a final big chunk of dust around. Oh, flip!

psyberyeti,

Sensor cleaning is not one of my favourite pastimes either, its a balance of the frustration of sensor cleaning against the pain of cloning the spots out.
    I find that having cleaned a 5D's sensor a few times, the first time I caught the edge of the brush on some oil, and thence smeared the oil across the centre of the sensor!
    I now have quite a high tolerance to cloning the spots out!

My camera has auto sensor cleaning, is it as good as manual?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Rheghead,
    I think the answer depends on the type of dirt, the smaller sensor sizes that the majority of DSLR's do not seem as prone to sensor dirt, I used to find just a blower worked well, I have one with auto clean, which I turn on when needed, approaching 7000 shutter actuations and no dust problems.
    The full frame dslr's seem to have a different problem, the dust is easy to cope with, but they are also prone to throwing lubricant onto the sensor early on in their life, the only way to get this off is to wet clean - a real pain.

@ Psyber,
    my thoughts were with you! How did you get on with this unenjoyable task? Operation gelungen, Patient tot?

Alien like again....

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Alien like again....
    There could be something moving around inside and about to hatch
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    There could be something moving around inside and about to hatch
    NO COMMENT

Thumbs up Dust bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    @ Psyber,
    my thoughts were with you! How did you get on with this unenjoyable task? Operation gelungen, Patient tot?
    I'm now down to just one small spot. I know when to give in now. I've done this before - nearly get them, give one final clean, and then even more turn up.

My Canon 30D has two stickey out bits inside the sensor area so they just flick bits off my cleanroom prepared swabs back onto the sensor. A design flaw?

So I'll just patch over the spot if I can't locate it into a region of dark stuff in my photo.

Does everyone else manage to make a 100% cleanup? (at high F number and +1 exposure)

Just came across this... Taken in my mums garden this year...

Sad picture imho...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345