Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: cat names needed

Default cat names needed

i have a new kitten coming next week and we are trying to come up with names. we have a history of daft names for cats sofar, with Tarmac, Mistoffelees, Fluffy and Tiny(ok, not so daft those 2) and Mr Jingles all current residents. he was born 23 december so chrismasy names are a possibility and hes a wee ginger tabby

sofar the names weve come up with are

nicolas (nic or nicky)
    cringles
    claus (claws)
    Mr Bells (so we'd have Jingle Bells!!)
    Noel
    Rudolf (rudy)
    Donder, Blitzen, Dancer and any other reindeer names we can remember
    Ceefer
    Gizmo
    Ginger, Garfield(too common tho)
    Cooking Fat
    Jeff, Bob or Fred
    Marmaduke
    Custard
    Charlie
    Chowder or Shnitzle (son is a Chowder fan!)

any more ideas? probly gonna be a draw the name out of a hat in the end!!

I LOVE the name Marmaduke , Fred, Bob, Cringles and Custard. All great names though!

Any photos of him to post? We might be better with names that way
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

my cat is a cream tabby and i had orginally thought i'd call her honey based on her colour. but when studying her coat as she explored i thought it looked more like the colour of caramel chocolate hence why she is called Caramel.

Out of your list i like the name custard. But i do like odd names and custard isn't a common cat name like some of the others on your list
    Last edited by Vistravi; 11-Feb-10 at 21:20.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

From your list i like marmaduke, or how about commet(another reinder)

I am looking for a female kitten and am considering names...Lola,Tilly, Hettie,........
    My current cat (female) is called Nico
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. -ALBERT CAMUS

I love the name Clause. The double entendre is great. Mistletoe also as a nice ring to it for me. And they both have a good "s" sound for cat calling.
    He is from a litter a bit early (or late, dependng on yor point of view) in the season.
    My son would call him Bells or Stockings. (age 7).
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Default Name For Christmas Cat

Would Jesus be a bit over the top?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Christmas names could include Tinsel, Baubles, Berry, Santa, Elfy, Frosty, Snowy, Icicle,

I knew a cat called Claws but it was nothing to do with Santa, the cat was good at sticking his claws in your leg...lol.

If you're thinking of Custard, how about Rhubarb as well, or am I showing my age here?????

I found Tackit was a good name for a cat who sounded like he had tackity boots on (I thought cats were silent movers), and Pounce for a cat who would lurk behind doors and furniture and then leap out on the dog as he passed by.

i had a lovely ginger tom that we called sandy, which went to sandy sue over time, unfortunatly he was hit by a car last november, so i reckon sandy would be a nice name, not way out there but a nice name all the same.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

We used to have a ginger cat when i was young.. He was called Minxy.. not sure why my parents chose that name but i like it.

I used to have a boy cat called Tadger. lol. I loved that name

We got a kitten in June last year and all agreed(for a change)on the name Cookie. She is so cute and has a great wee nature. Very sweet you could almost eat her, hence the name. I also liked Star but Cookie it was.

Default cat name

If your new kitten is ginger or orangey why not call her 'Jaffa' (as in jaffa cake)

I personally like to call my pets human names. My cat is called Jimmy. I have always wanted to call a female cat/dog 'Betty' (don't ask me why, I just have this weird notion)

Muffles, Raffles, Munchkin, Whispa, Dixie, Mowzer ..........just thought I would add some more