Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: local musicians to help hati

Default local musicians to help hati

Memphis Jurisdiction will be playing in thurso legion on 20 feb 9.00 pm what we are proposing is to sell our new album that night and if we can sell 30 or more cds in that one night we will donate £150 (which is half the cd money as they are only £10 each) to the hati appeal i hope i spelt that right lol. I'm hoping the brittish legion will be able to pass the donation on for us as im not too sure on how to do it myself but i think it's a good way to help the people who need it most and everyone can have a good night of music in the process. what do you guys think of that idea?

I think that not only have you spelt "HAITI" wrong but you also spelt "BRITISH" as "brittish" lol

good idea though! lol

He is a musician, he don't need to spell just play.

Good luck with it, hope you hit your target.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

and if you dont sell 30 cds?

It is a grand idea!
    We did a whole weekend of music in the Newmarket Bar in the last weekend of January and raised £821!

A well worthy cause.
    Yeah, you just have to watch incase you don't sell the 30 cd target.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    He is a musician, he don't need to spell just play.
    um i think he is a she
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

ooops sorry
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I think the fact you can't even take the time to get the correct spelling of Haiti and are only going to donate if you sell cds which you keep half the money from shows you really are not doing it for them. It would be better if you maybe took a donation on the door where the full money went to Haiti and didn't force people to buy the cds. Maybe if they like what they hear they will choose to anyway

Perhaps a donation/charge on door and then a chance to win cds?

Also, this is a genuine question, did you mean to spell the album "Lightening Strikes Twice" and if so what is the meaning behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Also, this is a genuine question, did you mean to spell the album "Lightening Strikes Twice" and if so what is the meaning behind it?
    Obviously, it's a concept album focussing on the trials and tribulations of the world of hair-colouring.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

You'd know all about that eh?

Oh... Rock the skullet!

ok I've read all your comments and some of them are a bit cheeky but fair enough everyone to their own opinion well my spelling has always and will always be really BAD I know its shameful but hey no one perfect also NO ONE absolutely NO ONE is being forced to buy a cd it's their own choice and the music will be played so they can hear it before they even DECIDE to buy it! If we don't hit the 30 target then we will probably just split half of anything we do sell the reason we can't give everything away is we are still out of pocket by nearly £1000 just for recording it in the studio and manufacturing it, but was hoping to help some people out with half of the money we might make. (keep in mind some young folk wouldn't give their time let alone half their money) As for the name of the album yes we meant to call it that and yes there is a meaning lightening struck us once last year when we became one of the semi finalist winners in the UK song writing contest as we did this year again so that's the reason behind it they say lightening NEVER strikes twice well it did for us plus that is all explained on the inside of the cover of the cd anyway I hope that answers your questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    You'd know all about that eh?
    Hardly. In my case, the album could be called 'Fade to Grey'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Oh... Rock the skullet!
    'Skullet'. Priceless!
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by babybeenie2801 View Post
    Memphis Jurisdiction will be playing in thurso legion on 20 feb 9.00 pm what we are proposing is to sell our new album that night and if we can sell 30 or more cds in that one night we will donate £150 (which is half the cd money as they are only £10 each) to the hati appeal i hope i spelt that right lol. I'm hoping the brittish legion will be able to pass the donation on for us as im not too sure on how to do it myself but i think it's a good way to help the people who need it most and everyone can have a good night of music in the process. what do you guys think of that idea?
    Sounds like you're trying to profit out the Haiti disaster to me.

It's pretty standard to recoup costs and there's no chance it's cost you £5 per CD.

Donate all profit or none, don't profit out of others' misery.

Default being put down for trying to help

costs much more than £5 per cd to make it cost over £600 just for the master cd alone that dont include all the materials all the manufacturing all the publishing advertising promotion designing and the time taken to write these songs plus every person included being paid for distributing them its not as simple as record songs in your bedroom burn them on disc put bit paper in a case and sell it loads more work than that plus there is licencin fees and copywrite paperwork all to be done nothing wrong with trying to break even at least have you even heard the music on it yet probably not but your still putting us down for giving our own time and money away to help people

Quote Originally Posted by Blast! View Post
    Sounds like you're trying to profit out the Haiti disaster to me. It's pretty standard to recoup costs and there's no chance it's cost you £5 per CD. Donate all profit or none, don't profit out of others' misery.
    An expert in our midst!
    Had a lot of experience of CD manufacture and sale, have you? Done quite a few charidee productions, eh? Dipped deep into the talent and finance pockets to help those poor sods in Hati?
    Give it a rest!

ps BabyBeenie - try and find the full stop key will you?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    An expert in our midst!
    Had a lot of experience of CD manufacture and sale, have you? Done quite a few charidee productions, eh? Dipped deep into the talent and finance pockets to help those poor sods in Hati?
    Give it a rest!

ps BabyBeenie - try and find the full stop key will you?
    No, not at all, I just like stirring up debate on the internet.

Where's Hati? In fact, where's Wally? I've been looking for him for hours.

Cheers.

have you even heard the music on it yet probably not
    I have actually.

Cheers.

ok I've read all your comments and some of them are a bit cheeky but fair enough everyone to their own opinion well my spelling has always and will always be really BAD I know its shameful but hey no one perfect also NO ONE absolutely NO ONE is being forced to buy a cd it's their own choice and the music will be played so they can hear it before they even DECIDE to buy it! If we don't hit the 30 target then we will probably just split half of anything we do sell the reason we can't give everything away is we are still out of pocket by nearly £1000 just for recording it in the studio and manufacturing it, but was hoping to help some people out with half of the money we might make. (keep in mind some young folk wouldn't give their time let alone half their money) As for the name of the album yes we meant to call it that and yes there is a meaning lightening struck us once last year when we became one of the semi finalist winners in the UK song writing contest as we did this year again so that's the reason behind it they say lightening NEVER strikes twice well it did for us plus that is all explained on the inside of the cover of the cd anyway I hope that answers your questions
    It doesn't matter if you are good or bad at spelling. You are on the INTERNET. There are many places to check. You could take the time to check - if you cared.

Also thanks for confirming my suspicions that you can't even spell your own album correctly.

I wasn't being cheeky at all. IMO charity should be for charity, not for your own gain.
    Last edited by Serenity; 11-Feb-10 at 16:54.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast