Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: starting a dog walking business in wick!!

Smile starting a dog walking business in wick!!

thanks for looking
    i am starting a dog walking business with public liability insurance, which is to cover any unforseen incidents, so you dont have to worry about your lovely dogs,can you email me with your interest about this service.to see if there is a requirement for this service in and around the wick area.i would be charging £6 per 1hr to 1.5hr for this service.you can email me at seasurfer52@aol.com with any questions or comments of interest and then i can go from there.look fwd to hearing from you.
    Last edited by seasurfer52; 11-Feb-10 at 10:59.

Good luck with that. I tried that and got quite a bit of interest to start with but then people didn't return my calls when I tried to confirm times & dates etc. And I was willing to travel all over Caithness.

Hope you have better luck than I did and make a success of it.

Default dog walking

maybe the price would put people off,i put my dog to a lady in Wick and she charges £6 for looking after him for a full day.

Default walking dogs

have to agree what about the elderly whom have dogs theres no way they could afford that why not charge just over the minimum wage

I wish you all the best, it sounds an excellent idea to me.

Smile thanks for input

i have changed my fee to intial add,but can you give me input about would you use this service yourselves that input would be very much appreciated .i will be putting ads etc in tescos etc to get feedback hopefully by email or by phone.keep me updated with your views

I have never used any of this type of services as I dont really need it but out of curiosity do the people doing this type of services walk any type or size of dog? Its just that I have two large powerful dogs and would simply not be possible for a person of a smaller build, less strength, or some kind of knowledge of control to walk them.

Is there qualifications or certain competencies people have to attain before starting this kind of business? Just pure curiosity, i'm not planning changing careers.

Smile

no there is no actual training as say ,i have walked 5 dogs myself 3 collies 1 lab and a small terrier at the same time there were all from same household and no probs there ,as i said i will be getting pet liability insurance which covers all owners requirements for having their dogs under some-one elses care.i hope that answers that query for you

I think the cost is very high, I look after children for £3.50 an hour £6 for dog walking.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

what would be the arrangements when you are on your 4 weeks offshore?

editing to say in original post you stated you worked 4on/4off and you woudl be doing this while on your 4 weeks at home but see thats now gone
    Last edited by dragonfly; 12-Feb-10 at 21:26.

Smile

as i said i am just starting up and it would be silly at start to take on an extra person for my 4 weeks off,as its just dog walking rather than pet sitting it doesn't matter if i'm away,unless i get a regular client i would try to cater for their needs.also the pet liability covers for 1 other person so that aspect if the client is worried that is covered for the other person doing the dog walking

Quote Originally Posted by seasurfer52 View Post
    thanks for looking
    i am starting a dog walking business with public liability insurance, which is to cover any unforseen incidents, so you dont have to worry about your lovely dogs,can you email me with your interest about this service.to see if there is a requirement for this service in and around the wick area.i would be charging £6 per 1hr to 1.5hr for this service.you can email me at seasurfer52@aol.com with any questions or comments of interest and then i can go from there.look fwd to hearing from you.
    Have a look at the link below is a website for a dog walking services with prices.

http://www.alphadogwalks.co.uk/dogwa...gydaycare.html

Smile

cheers eddie
    very interesting will have to evaluate seen info

Smile starting 22nd feb 2010 Willie's dog walking

phone 01955602510
    mobile 07799815373

does anyone need a day off/or are sick and cant take your dog/s for their usual walk don't worry,Willie's dog walking is here to take the pressure off.

phone anytime mon-sun

looking fwd to hearing from you all.every dog welcome!!!

1 dog £6
    £2 per (extra) dog
    Last edited by seasurfer52; 17-Feb-10 at 21:15.