Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Spiritualists in the Far North - A Debate.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    Ridiculous.

I read this thread without dreaming of posting. Make your argument as you see fit, but don't speak factually of things you don't understand.

Nuclear energy not a natural force because it's "in reactors". That's like saying fire is not natural because it's in a furnace.

Uranium 235 fissions, releasing energy if it absorbs a neutron. Naturally.

You can't change the laws of physics.
    Going completely off topic this. Anyway...
    The original analogy was that someone from way in the past would not understand electricity or how it could be produced. Until it was discovered 70 odd years ago, no-one would have known that uranium 235 fissions, nor that it could sustain a chain reaction nor that the uranium would need to be enriched in order to be viable enough to make electricity. Nuclear energy cannot make electricity on its own can it? It needs to be harnessed. So if you had been born say, 150 or 200 years ago, would you have even known what an isotope was?
    "Negotiation is irrelevant. You will be assimilated." The Borg Collective

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDan View Post
    Some people open their minds so much, their brain falls out.
    Your name gives that much away, mate.

When are the other six dwarfs turning up?
    Last edited by 3of8; 20-Feb-10 at 15:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    These 'mediums' are very clever don't forget, they are masters of deception and are adept at twisting the conversation on the fly.
    You're bigging them up and assuming that they are all cleverer than you.
    Of course, they can't do that without the aid of a willing, complicit subject - someone who believes, and wants to believe so badly that they only cherry-pick the correct answers and sweep the incorrect answers aside.
    Yeah, my mistake there was not putting in the whole of the transcript but there were things personal to me that I wouldn't let all and sundry see.
    With people like that, a medium can get nine answers wrong and one right, and be hailed as a visionary.
    Sounds like a lot of people on here. So many answers wrong, but get one right, just one.....

Words fail me.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDan View Post
    Some people open their minds so much, their brain falls out.
    You're assuming there's one in there in the first place......

Default how to become a spiritualist

Set up a darkened room.
    Purchase a stuffed alligator.
    Also purchase a crystal ball.
    Hand the ball to your subject.
    Say nothing, do nothing for three minutes.
    By this time the ball should be nice and opaque.
    Then you start: "THERE IS SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU WHO HAS HAD A TERRIBLE TIME'
    The subject replies "that could be my auntie janet."
    As you continue asking questions of a very general nature the answers you get are more and more specific.
    "Do you have a dog?"
    "Yes"
    "He's with you now.Heès with you all the time.....is he a...

Meanwhile back in the real world

ÈYes heès a terrier....wait a second my computer caps key is doing weird stuff....am under attack from the ghosts....ÉÈd
    Richard Sutherland

tis the same way with religion...

couple of people get together to write a book.

People believe in the book (could be any book but there are a few floating around that include some pretty out there things that are taken as truth)

People enhance their musings on the book with ritual, incense and "the way"

Way down the line "the book" is taken as gospel.

Belief is the same the work over, just different names, places and attitudes.

Like others, Spiritualism is a religion (not mine, but dont knock it)

If this were a thread on Christian, Muslim or Hindu beliefs it would pretty soon be shut down as being deflamatory. We all have our different beliefs and different people have different ways of coping, dont knock what others believe in just because its not your belief

Default different paths

if you take religion and the different people that appear within each religion you find lots and lots of similarities. The whole thing about religion is that people proclaim "their" god to be the only god and so it goes round.

if we got rid of religion tomorrow you would probably achieve world peace. People get killed in the name of anothers god...... God though wouldnt have his children killing each other would he ......

Before anyone has a go I am not religious, I am not a spiritualist either.

Man will continue to wage war against his fellow man for his beliefs until then end of time until man wakes up and realises that his beliefs are NOT that dissimilar to the man he is fighting ......

K

Well said K

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    you are implying that the answers by the medium could fit anyone as they were so vague. Well if she/he had given them to me, they certainly would not have fitted in with anything in my life. It would have been no no no all the way, no matter how hard I tried to make them fit.
    I'd be interested to get a link to this chat room.
    The interesting thing to me is there was a group in the chat room who slowly dropped out until only 3 of 8 had any connection with what the medium was saying. Surely if the group were big enough then the medium was bound to hit lucky with one. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking (pardon the pun) but I would need much more convincing evidence. And I know, to many of you it is about faith and not evidence, and that is fine but you do tend to look down your noses at us yet to be convinced.
    Last edited by ducati; 20-Feb-10 at 20:19.

Quote Originally Posted by onecalledk View Post
    Man will continue to wage war against his fellow man for his beliefs until then end of time until man wakes up and realises that his beliefs are NOT that dissimilar to the man he is fighting ......K
    Wars have little to do with beliefs. Beliefs are just the symptoms. There's an inherant aggression in man that makes him want to destroy the other person.
    Beliefs are just that beliefs. Ever since man started thinking, it was the truth he was chasing. Theres a difference between belief and truth. Believing the earth is flat is a belief. Knowing the earth is round is a truth. Believing someone can talk to the dead is a belief.
    Knowing someone can talk to the dead is a delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    Wars have little to do with beliefs. Beliefs are just the symptoms. There's an inherant aggression in man that makes him want to destroy the other person.
    Beliefs are just that beliefs. Ever since man started thinking, it was the truth he was chasing. Theres a difference between belief and truth. Believing the earth is flat is a belief. Knowing the earth is round is a truth. Believing someone can talk to the dead is a belief.
    Knowing someone can talk to the dead is a delusion.
    so what is a war then ? wars are founded on one side being more correct than the other. The wars raging in the middle east are solely about religion and belief. Ever since man started thinking he has waged a war against his own EGO.

There is nothing inside man that makes him want to destroy another apart from EGO. The mind is a very very powerful and creates illusion, its creates and feeds that illusion through our thoughts and feelings.

One nation declaring war against another can only happen because of what the warring side believe ......

K

Quote Originally Posted by onecalledk View Post
    so what is a war then ?K
    A war's when beliefs go out the window.

I think we're almost saying the same thing but I dont blame belief for it. I know lots of people with very strong beliefs, I have them myself, and non of us would destroy something because of those beliefs.
    Egos different. Everyone has one just like fingernails or a naval. I see ego as a kind of sentry, watching over another part of me that could be much more destructive. Most people will have an aggressive part to their natures but that has nothing to do with beliefs.
    All I really know, and the evidence from this thread, and others on the org is that there are a lot of us walking around...deluded.

I would say most wars are fought to gain power/land/oil. Or are you saying we are in the middle east because we don't like their religion?
    Was the Falkland war about religion? Are you saying Hitler invaded most of Europe because of religion? Is the IRA fighting because they don't want protistants in the north or because they want a united Ireland? Some wars may be fought in the name of religion - but to say they are the cause of it is absolute bollocks.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Default religion

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post
    I would say most wars are fought to gain power/land/oil. Or are you saying we are in the middle east because we don't like their religion?
    Was the Falkland war about religion? Are you saying Hitler invaded most of Europe because of religion? Is the IRA fighting because they don't want protistants in the north or because they want a united Ireland? Some wars may be fought in the name of religion - but to say they are the cause of it is absolute bollocks.
    Where do I start ..... yep Hitler invaded europe because of religion, he had a vision of white supremacy where the Arian race was supreme, he chose to exterminate (or try to ) the jewish, the blacks etc. So yes underneath this IS religion. The Swatiska is a religious symbol that was adulterated by Hitler as he was also a believer in the power of black magic. The war in Ireland with the IRA IS to do with religion and Ireland will probably never unite as catholics dont get along with protestants. Having lived in the central belt for a few years I have seen people take stance over catholic/protestant as some children are separated at school age, best of friends til one child attends a catholic or protestant school then they become enemies. The religious divide is alive and well in most of the central belt. You only have to witness an orange march to see the bigotry at work.

We are not in the middle east because of their religion per se but would we be in the middle east if there was no oil? No we wouldnt therefore EGO comes into it. That country has something this country wants therefore this country is entitled (or so it thinks) to take it. The fighting that is going on in Afghanistan is religious based to a point as the Taliban cites their religious beliefs when waging war on their own peoples.........

Saddam Hussein kept his own peoplesin poverty and hid behind religion as well......

So YES religion is behind most wars ,as I said in my original reply if we got rid of religion tomorrow we would probably have world peace. The ironic thing is that if you study other religions you begin to see that apart from a few different names for people within that religion we are all following the SAME path.

Did you know for example that Moses appears in the Koran? as do angels who appear throughout many religions. Dont go by the religious extremists who intepret their religious texts the way that suits them. All religion has the same basic principles. Man chooses through his EGO to interpret it the way that it suits him at the time......

K

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456