Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spiritualists in the Far North - A Debate.

This thread is less of a debate than an attack.

I have noticed on visits north, and reading this site that there are quite a few New Age people in Caithness. Sad that they all seem to fall out with one another rather than get on with their business.
    Bagpuss

Quote Originally Posted by youwhat? View Post
    Jox said that anyone can look at the accounts for her church,and I think that's something the CSC should allow as well.
    I really must take offence at this................I'm a man.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Aye awright Katie we'll believe ye.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

It would seem that Fran must have been speaking to the CSC,otherwise she wouldn't have made such an accusation.Instead of finger pointing why not come right out with a name Fran?I mean if you're so convinced of the truth of what you say then you should have no fear of doing that.You're proving to the world at large that you are an unofficial spokesperson for the CSC.
    Jox said that anyone can look at the accounts for her church,and I think that's something the CSC should allow as well.
    .................................................. ..............................................

I am NOT an unofficial spokesman for anyone, just as Jox is not a she. I have been to a couple of meetings i admit, and the mediums from down south had to have their accomodation and petrol paid for, the hall had to be paid for and that is where the money would have gone to. At one meeting in the Norseman there were only a few there so they were out of pocket.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

I've been for one reading (someone my mum knew). I am not a believer but everyone said if I went to see her I might change my mind. For a long time I wouldn't - I didn't think it would be fair to go just to test her. In the end I met her in the pub by accident and she said she would be happy to do a reading for a sceptic.

I went with an open mind (well as open as a sceptic can be) as part of me deep down wishes there was more to life than the nothingness that I believe in. I really wish I believed, but I just cant

I went round to her house and she said that I was hard work as I gave her no feedback as she was doing the reading. This irritated me a little as it made me think that she ran with things if people mentioned anything... Basically I gained nothing from the experience. She gave me 3 major things to take away with me and all 3 were way, way off the mark.

One of them was that it would take me years to find the house of my dreams and I wouldn't settle when I did move. Well I have the dream house I have always wanted, the dream job, the dream life and life in a beautiful area full of fantastic people. She missed all of that...

See, I'm not the only one

I don't know ANYTHING about the local spiritual groups, however I would like to remind people that some so called mediums and psychics can be very convincing and so much so that they can make a very lucrative lifestyle for themselves, and although I am sure that is not the case for some there are far more fraudsters that actual gifted spiritualists...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmNP6...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSKzK...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    I'm now seriously thinking that Jox's account has been hacked. Surely...it must be true...

Mods! Check the IP addresses!
    I was smiling as I typed my post, I thought of how surprised you would be when reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    It's just a load of mumbo jumbo!

If it was about organized religion the anti-god bashing squad would be all over this like a rash!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    Edited I went round to her house and she said that I was hard work as I gave her no feedback as she was doing the reading. This irritated me a little as it made me think that she ran with things if people mentioned anything.
    Just this once I'll argue the case for spiritualists.

You are all quite right to be sceptical, there are probably just as many chancers out there as there are true spiritualists, unfortunately this means everyone gets tarred with the same brush. I personally welcome sceptics, it means I have to work harder to provide information. One of the biggest sceptics is my oldest brother, who I've given info many times over the years yet he still refuses to believe, especially recently when I told him 'the lighthouse has been sold'. I had no idea what it meant, turns out he had put in for voluntary redundancy and was looking at selling up and buying a lighthouse in Scotland!

In Leanne's case, though I'm not going to knock the medium, to complain that there was little feedback makes me think she can't be very good. To ask for feedback, even just a yes or no, gives a poor medium too much info to feed on. I've seen those 'mediums' on tv, they are too practised and slick for my liking, I see them more in a Derren Browne style of reading. I work by taking people into a separate room, I don't look at them so I can't read facial expressions and I ask them not too talk until I'm finished. I don't want any form of 'clue', I find them to be misleading, which then gives the person receiving the reading doubts about the medium.

Jox,were you born with this gift or did you learn to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Jox,were you born with this gift or did you learn to do it?
    Born with it. I thought I was a freak.

Time proved me right.

[quote=joxville;657561]Born with it.

I was hoping you would say that because i canna understand how you could learn it,but maybe that's just me,my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    .................................................. ..............................................

I am NOT an unofficial spokesman for anyone, just as Jox is not a she. I have been to a couple of meetings i admit, and the mediums from down south had to have their accomodation and petrol paid for, the hall had to be paid for and that is where the money would have gone to. At one meeting in the Norseman there were only a few there so they were out of pocket.

Ok,I'll take your word for it that you're not a spokeperson in any shape or form.But equally ,you are also not the treasurer for the CSC and are therefore not in any position to comment upon their finances.
    And we still have heard nothing about the CSCs resident medium's "qualifications".

Apologies!!

Just this once I'll argue the case for spiritualists.

You are all quite right to be sceptical, there are probably just as many chancers out there as there are true spiritualists
    Charlatans calling charlatans charlatans. Only on the org.
    I'm not sceptical! I find the notion that someone is born with the abilty to speak with the dead and to make predictions about the future, ridiculous.
    I respect your beliefs though.

Where,oh,where are the CSC??? Not a single response from the likes of White Arrow or Linkside.Not even their good friend Fran!
    A number of questions have been asked to which they have given no reply.Why?
    Come on CSC,give the answers to the questions which have been asked in this and other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    I'm not sceptical! I find the notion that someone is born with the abilty to speak with the dead and to make predictions about the future, ridiculous.
    People had the same opinion of Galileo Galilei when he said that the earth was round and it went round the sun, but his beliefs weren't respected though, some denouncing him to the Roman Inquisition nearly 400 years ago. But he was right!

Where,oh,where are the CSC??? Not a single response from the likes of White Arrow or Linkside.Not even their good friend Fran!
    A number of questions have been asked to which they have given no reply.Why?
    Come on CSC,give the answers to the questions which have been asked in this and other threads.
    The CSC won't reply as I know they prefer not to. They are of the opinion that those who don't agree with them are best ignored and they will soon go away. Maybe not this time.

There is no problem as far as I can see with making a living out of doing readings for people. If you declare your income and pay your taxes, then all well and good. It's taking money, not declaring where it goes, but being pious about it and not paying taxes on the money earned which is controversial and vexing.
    "Negotiation is irrelevant. You will be assimilated." The Borg Collective

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    What is your definition of a charlatan? To me, a charlatan is someone who deliberately sets out to gain monies by deception or trickery. I don't deceive people. I don't advertise my 'my services or goods' which will need to be paid for. Anyone who has received a reading from me has come to me of their own volition, and it hasn't cost them a penny. I won't claim to have a high success rate, simply because I don't know what that rate is. I give what I receive, it's up to the people to decide how good I am. I don't make false promises, I tell people before I begin that I'll be in the dark as much as them, they may have to ask other family members to corroborate what I pass on. I've had a lot of positive feedback, equally, I have some people still scratching their heads wondering what the hell I was on about.

I was raised to have a strong sense of right and wrong, to believe in justice, to be honest and fair. I am an open person. I've posted my name and photograph on this site because I've nothing to hide and no-one to fear. My only failing was hiding what I am, for many years, to all except my family. I'm now comfortable in my skin. What you see is what you get. I give what I receive in good faith and for free. I am not, never have been, and never will be dishonest in my dealings with anyone, especially at a time when some people are feeling emotionally raw.

Love and light to you and yours.
    Last edited by joxville; 12-Feb-10 at 10:20.

Jox,i would give you rep for the above post but i have to spread it around first.............

I'll intersect here just to add my own thoughts (welcome or not), much as I have tried to refrain so far. It has not been easy.

What is your definition of a charlatan?
    Someone who tells lies to vulnerable people, whether for monetary gain or not.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Heavens, you're up late too....I've sent you a pm. I couldn't sleep because of changing shift pattern. Oh well, it's almost the weekend.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast