Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Awesome News!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Awesome News!!

Hey,

as some of you know the one and only Slash is recording a solo album with loads of different guests on it which is due out in May over here.

Hes gona be touring Europe in the summer/winter...and guess whose fronting the band for the tour

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=134516

2010 will be a good year!!!

the year music died

says you whose musical tastes are vampire weekend and oasis?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahah

your musical taste died a long long time ago friend.

Each to their own, but at least Vampire Weekend never wrote a song called "Metalingus"

Cringe x 84 BILLION!!

Metalingus, Awesome song!

1. Least any bands i listen to have an original name...Vampire Weekend (the indie pish) that you listen to stole their name so that says it all really.

2. as far as songs go, noodling guitar work that a 12 year old cood do. Pretentious songs and lyrics that make absolutely no sense.

3. they aint even unique in their genre, is it vampire weekend? or the kooks? or bombay bicycle club? all i know is, all the above sound and act exactly the same.

4. and since u mentioned Metalingus...A punk by vampier weekend, thats a laugh and a half, tell the guitarist to tune his guitar and "look outside the raincoats coming" hahahahahahaha jeez, u shud really think about wat ur talkin about before you slag off other bands and musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbenjokazooie View Post
    Metalingus, Awesome song!

1. Least any bands i listen to have an original name...Vampire Weekend (the indie pish) that you listen to stole their name so that says it all really.

2. as far as songs go, noodling guitar work that a 12 year old cood do. Pretentious songs and lyrics that make absolutely no sense.

3. they aint even unique in their genre, is it vampire weekend? or the kooks? or bombay bicycle club? all i know is, all the above sound and act exactly the same.

4. and since u mentioned Metalingus...A punk by vampier weekend, thats a laugh and a half, tell the guitarist to tune his guitar and "look outside the raincoats coming" hahahahahahaha jeez, u shud really think about wat ur talkin about before you slag off other bands and musicians.

1) Petty TO THE MAX! Plus barely makes any sense, as I could easily say Nickleback is a terrible name for a band. Which it is.

2) Who wants to listen to CRAZY FACEMELTING SOLOS and I think you'll find they are just as competent musicians as your favourite bands! Whilst they may not indulge in making hot love to their guitars, which quite frankly I find tiresome, they certainly make their music interesting, catchy, and, intelligent. Plus their song 'A Punk' features in Guitar Hero 5 alongside such rubbish as 3 Doors Down, which I'll warrant a guess is a band you like! So really, they are a musically sound band.

3) Nickleback, 3 Doors Down, Creed, Alter Bridge, Who are they, what are they....why are they!? They all look and act the same - Like idiots! ZING! Im not a massive fan of the Kooks though, some catchy tunes but lyrically speaking, they are pretty dirt!

PS I'll give you props for mentioning BBC though lad!

3) Tell your lad in Alter Bridge to turn down his voice, his guitar, his band. They are too loud and boorish. Their song lyrics are close to idiotic, close to patronizing. I had a look at a few of their songs and chose this:

Yeah, oh yeah
    I want to rise today
    And change this world

Yeah, oh yeah
    Oh, won't you rise today
    And change this world?

That's some deep stuff man!

Part of these sort of bands' appeal to me, is that quite often, their lyrics, at first, dont make sense. Its interesting to listen to them again and again and think about what they are trying to say, its a bit like art. Combining this with a great little tunie, simplistic in nature, with one of the best false choruses about, and you have a great song.

Like Creed, YOU WILL SEE THE LIGHT! Someday!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

the year music died

tru dat brutha