Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Most Haunted

Default Most Haunted

Does anyone watch Most Haunted on living TV,
    i notice tonight they have buried two guys alive what does everyone think about it. I'm not too sure what i think but my hubby says its the biggest load of rubbish on the box
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

Question

Quote Originally Posted by candyfloss
    Does anyone watch Most Haunted on living TV,
    i notice tonight they have buried two guys alive what does everyone think about it. I'm not too sure what i think but my hubby says its the biggest load of rubbish on the box
    Is that the programme with Derek Acorah? Who buried two guys alive and why?

No its not the Derek Acorah one, i think thats Ghost Towns,i think they just buried them to see if any ghosties or sprits came to visit them in the coffin

Castletown (N58deg 35.240/W003deg 22.839)

I watch it faithfully. In fact I have it on just now! My hubby keeps saying to me its a load of rubbish and he's the one that has supposedly seen a ghost up west when he used to be a water baillie! He keeps saying he is going to take me up there some time but i'm not so sure

Question

Quote Originally Posted by candyfloss
    No its not the Derek Acorah one, i think thats Ghost Towns,i think they just buried them to see if any ghosties or sprits came to visit them in the coffin
    Did any ghosties or spirits come to visit them?

I've watched the show for some time and was very impressed with Derek Acorah ability to recount events.
    I suspected there was a simple answer to how he knew so much and it was'nt his psyco abilities.
    One of the scientific advisers published the inside info in a magazine and it did'nt show Derek in a good light(can't remember name of)
    But i still watch because i find it one of the funniest shows on TV.

its a big heap of rubbish. watched it a couple of times. Derek acorah is a fruitcake. dont think he was ever possessed. good acting though.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by obiron
    its a big heap of rubbish. watched it a couple of times. Derek acorah is a fruitcake. dont think he was ever possessed. good acting though.
    you hit the nail on the head there lol,he's a bit more than a fruitcake more like a heed banger

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

I've seen some episodes of Most Haunted over here on BBC America, and it is MOST BORING!!! Derek Acorah just about sends me to sleep!

The drama series Sea of Souls is much more intriguing, even if it is complete fiction. Plus it's set in Scotland, so that's an added bonus!

krieve Guest

Why is Derek Acorah not on Most Haunted anymore??

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    Coz the T.V programmers read the .Org & took in what Obiron said that he was a numpty, then gave him a job licking stamps or washing cars? Okay he`s signing on at 11am today actually

He was found to be a fraud albeit an excellent actor and they kicked him off the show. The new guy is much better.

Pity they never actually find a ghost to show you though.
    Doolally

he probably couldnt stand anymore yvette fielding's screams
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

I remember watching a programme called 'Ghost Watch' in ma teens.It had Michael Parkinson,Sarah Greene and Mike Smith.Thought this was a real event and that it was all live,scary stuff.Then you found out at the end that it had all been a drama.Brilliant Twist.Puts Most Haunted in the shade.

Here's a Cedric plonder....Why when Derek Acorah gets possessed does the ghost speak wi' a Liverpool accent.Surely he would speak in the accent of the ghost.

Most haunted ain't scary.Tell ye whats scary.Going to your fridge and finding out ye've drunk all your beers.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Sporran
    I've seen some episodes of Most Haunted over here on BBC America, and it is MOST BORING!!! Derek Acorah just about sends me to sleep!

The drama series Sea of Souls is much more intriguing, even if it is complete fiction. Plus it's set in Scotland, so that's an added bonus!
    I agree, 'Sea of Souls' was a great series, can't comment much on 'Most Haunted'. I watched it once and was not impressed.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Most haunted has to be the biggest pile of tripe on the telly

There was a clip doing the rounds on the internet a few months ago showing you "live" footage that all was scripted including the "ghost" try searching google for most hanted fake

First link i found From The Daily Mirror Has a good opinion of the show

Fraud thats the only thing i can say towards that prog funny thing is the mother in law is hooked on it and is 110% sure its real and gets rather scared watching it (big jessie that she is)
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Think i watched about 15mins of an episode once and was sssssooooo bored. I do know some people that think the show is brilliant.

I used to like watching I'm famous and Frightened, its like Most Haunted but with celebs,its much better,i wish they would bring it back,has'nt been on for ages