Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kids and there exams

Default Knowing it

Exams are no great problem if you approach them from the right angle.
    When told to turn over the paper, read all the questions before doing any thing, then go to those that you are sure that you know the answers to.This means you will not waste time on the questions that you are unsure of .
    As regards revising, do whatever suits you, you may be the sort of person that has accumulated enough knowledge over the years and feel that cramming is an unecessary evil but for those that have a shorter memory or a photgraphic one then this may be the answer.
    Whatever happens they are not the be all and end all, there is also the school of life that can teach us more than we will ever learn via a blackboard .
    At the end of the day, each one of us is important and academic qualifications although looking good on a CV are not always best suited to each individual.
    To those that have exams to sit in the next few weeks. good luck, good judgement and GO on surprise yourselves at what you have mastered.
    I took my last ones a few years ago and I am old enough to be a grandparent to those that are sitting them now.
    Life is a learning process and it can teach us more than was ever written between the pages of a book.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    You need to study English a bit more
    you really are a nazi....who could've thought it JIED the kaitnessian nazi

Wink

well ive resolved to a bit of study now folks.. lol

just finished my chemistry exam a moment ago... and i found it quite easy to be honest... Came as a suprise to me...

Jeid a nazi of spelling mwhahaha

I'm revising craft at the moment in teh school librbay.. Well not really.. I'm writing this post... lol

Sitting with a mate the now going over craft work.. different joints for wood and all the terminology and stuff...

hee hee

L8rs
    Zeb
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

What can I say... I blame the people who don't post.

Two pieces of advice which stuck in my mind (They remain very lonely because there is nothing else in there)

1. Make sure you understand the question - you get absolutely no marks for answering the wrong question.

2. Don't cram the night before the exam because those are the things which will stick in your mind and examiners are notorious for not asking the right questions.

One thing I will add to that.
    Examiners are not paid to make sense of the illegible. If they can't make sense of it then it's wrong - NO MARKS
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    Two pieces of advice which stuck in my mind (They remain very lonely because there is nothing else in there)
    LOL.............

im at my exams just now too, and the only thing i like about it is the study leave. ive got a deal with my folks that 1 hr revision a day means im free at the weekends, which suits me fine. i dont think id revise at all if they didn't make me. then again they're just looking out for me. have already done tech studies, english, maths, and looking forward to french tomorrow, well nearly. then just got music, history, physics, biology.

good luck to zebedy, and any other .org posters who have exams just now.

nikki
    I Was Born Brilliant; Education Ruined Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12