Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Garden Bully Boy

Default Garden Bully Boy

Just had a bit of fun watching a male house sparrow chase out of my garden a male blackbird and a collared dove (and I mean run them out literally). The blackbird was on the ground and the collared dove was on the whirlygig washing line.

He followed the blackbird up into the tree next door and that is where he ousted the starling from.

No messing with him it seems.

I'll wait and see how brave he is when the local neighbourhood cats creep onto the fence later.

That was funny seeing his menacing of his feathered friends.
    Thanks
    Catherine

What a feisty wee sparrow!

It's the robin thats the bully in my garden, he lines anything, including the dog who dares to venture near him.

They always say the little ones are the worst though lol
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Default Bird table

I just aquired a bird table last weekend and am delighted to be able to feed the poor wee birdies without the scorries intruding on them. The table certainly helps make sure that the bigger birds don't get access to their food. So far I have only had starlings and sparrows dining at my table but will continue to feed them daily and see what develops.

I had a hawk sitting on the compost bin just outside the kitchen window eyeing up the deserted bird table 10 feet away recently. He's not been back but since then the chickens are hiding under the trees in the daytime!

its usually the robin at my mum's that chases everything, good fun to watch though