Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Guitar Sustain And Delay Effects Pedal

Default Guitar Sustain And Delay Effects Pedal

Im looking for one of these pedals for use for country music. however im not sure what one to go for, or prices of them so maybe one of you orgers will have a better knowlege than me about what one to get, thanks.
    Last edited by celtic1888; 31-Jan-10 at 15:44.

Although not a delay or sustain pedal - I`d recommend the Boss GE-7 which allows full eq control over all the essential frequencies allowing you to shape your tone for twangy telecaster lickery.

For sustain but keeping a clean country sound try a Boss CS3 compressor
    For delay try a Boss DD3 delay, you can set it up with a nice slapback delay which will be good for country.

Both these pedal are solidly built and are really dependable.

I dunno what sort of price you're looking at man, but the TC Nova Delay pretty much covers everything delay related, and gets a damn good write up, expensive though.

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and...ects-Pedal/AKG

A Boss Delay will cover most peoples delay needs.

Compression is a bit of a funny one, there's a lot out there. If you're looking for the best you can get, look up the Keeley Compressors. Pricey, but with good reason.

I recently got the Boss DD-7 Delay pedal and IMO it wipes the floor with the DD-3 and DD-6.
    An awesome piece of kit with endless possibilities, essentially it is a DD-3 and a DD-6 with even more features.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.