Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: blair

Quote Originally Posted by Alan16 View Post
    True, but I was merely pointing out that Stewart wasn't the nobody that you suggested . . . Nowadays, although Letterman still has the much larger audience, Stewart probably pulls more power than him.
    I never said he was nobody. I said he was a relative nobody, and that comparison was with Letterman.

Stewart hosts a show that is more overtly political in tone, thus his power as such lies there. Overall Letterman is the much more powerful and influential.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    What, on the London Underground??
    Your post,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Where's the military explosives underneath??
    Pants, can't get the picture inserted!! Conspiracy!
    was immediately after my photo of New York. And, since Phill and I were talking of explosives vs pancaked floors, I assumed that you were talking about WTC. (Silly of me really, I suppose.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I'm brim full of red wine & stella so I'm not going to hypothesise too much right now but doesn't that give you a clue.

1,500lbs at the base and it does nea move, just how much are you going to have to secret away up the whole 110 floors?
    If one man can put 1,500lbs of explosives into WTC1 in a matter of minutes, how much could a team of men take in in a matter of weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    The CIA is more interested in personal data, subversion and deceit on a national and international scale. I think it more the domain of the FBI and other agencies to deal with corporate fraud.
    It is the IRS who investigate corporate fraud, they also had offices in WTC7 where they were storing evidence against several prominent figures for the Enron trial among others.

Another coincidence is that on the 10th of September, the day before 9/11, Donald Rumsfeld announced that the Pentagon could not account for $2.3 trillion, a quarter of it's budget, there would be an investigation. The strike on the Pentagon destroyed the computers where the records of spending were kept, there was never an investigation.

[/quote] I assumed that you were talking about WTC. (Silly of me really, I suppose.)[/quote]
    I failed dismally at inserting a picture, mea culpa.
    You said the London Underground explosives were under the carriage, that is pants.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    It is the IRS who investigate corporate fraud, they also had offices in WTC7 where they were storing evidence against several prominent figures for the Enron trial among others.

Another coincidence is that on the 10th of September, the day before 9/11, Donald Rumsfeld announced that the Pentagon could not account for $2.3 trillion, a quarter of it's budget, there would be an investigation. The strike on the Pentagon destroyed the computers where the records of spending were kept, there was never an investigation.
    "The strike on the Pentagon destroyed the computers where the records of spending were kept" Wot no back up?

Talking Whoooo Hooooooo

I do like a good piece of fiction, who's writing the book and is there a publishing date?

The intelligence community are apparently cursing the 'itch-free' loft insulation being subsidised by government under the save energy campaign. The metal encapsulation interferes with the satellite beams and prevents them getting a clear picture of who's thinking what.
    So the potential terrorists can't be spotted, while staying warm at our expense. Ironic, isn't it?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Yes, that is ironic.

Unlike rain on your wedding day, which is unfortunate, unlucky, a bummer or whatever, but certainly not ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    "The strike on the Pentagon destroyed the computers where the records of spending were kept" Wot no back up?
    So point me at the results of the investigation into the missing $2.3 trillion Donald Rumsfeld announced on the 10th September 2001.

There was no missing money.

You really should read up before you carry on posting this drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    There was no missing money.

You really should read up before you carry on posting this drivel.
    Well now thanks to 9/11 we will never know, just as we will never know what evidence the IRS were keeping in building 7.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    So point me at the results of the investigation into the missing $2.3 trillion Donald Rumsfeld announced on the 10th September 2001.
    Sorry for delay, just got in, here Fred with pleasure: http://www.911myths.com/html/rumsfel..._3_trilli.html

No Fred, we know anyway!

The 2.3 trillion you are waffling about was an estimate of the portion of funding (running back years) that was not easily followed through the system, it was buried in the 'paperwork' due to their various unconnected computer systems, etc. No one ever suggested the money was received but then unspent, and somehow disappeared.

Only people desperate to find support for their paranoid ramblings would continue to talk like this.

The money was NOT missing.

For that matter, this problem was publicly announced/referred to numerous times before Rumsfield even commented on it. THAT is a matter of public record. Way back in the year previously, at the very least.

You are just determined to carry on talking total bola bola.

Just what motive would the Bush administration have in covering up something dating back into the Clinton era?

" Zakheim Seeks To Corral, Reconcile 'Lost' Spending

By Gerry J. Gilmore
    American Forces Press Service
    WASHINGTON, Feb. 20, 2002 – As part of military transformation efforts, DoD Comptroller Dov S. Zakheim and his posse of accountants are riding the Pentagon's financial paper trail, seeking to corral billions of dollars in so-called "lost" expenditures. For years, DoD and congressional officials have sought to reconcile defense financial documents to determine where billions in expenditures have gone. That money didn't fall down a hole, but is simply waiting to be accounted for, Zakheim said in a Feb. 14 interview with the American Forces Information Service. Complicating matters, he said, is that DoD has 674 different computerized accounting, logistics and personnel systems.
    Most of the 674 systems "don't talk to one another unless somebody 'translates,'" he remarked. This situation, he added, makes it hard to reconcile financial data.
    Billions of dollars of DoD taxpayer-provided money haven't disappeared, Zakheim said. "Missing" expenditures are often reconciled a bit later in the same way people balance their checkbooks every month. The bank closes out a month and sends its bank statement, he said. In the meanwhile, people write more checks, and so they have to reconcile their checkbook register and the statement.
    DoD financial experts, Zakheim said, are making good progress reconciling the department's "lost" expenditures, trimming them from a prior estimated total of $2.3 trillion to $700 billion. And, he added, the amount continues to drop.
    "We're getting it down and we are redesigning our systems so we'll go down from 600-odd systems to maybe 50," he explained.
    "That way, we will give people not so much more money, but a comfort factor, to be sure that every last taxpayer penny is accounted for," he concluded."

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=43927

He he

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    He he

Anyone noticed that the conspiracy peeps only answer questions that they have a practiced argument for? Anything that is a bit awkward just gets ignored. Several of my posts for instance. humph!

Also, their information on the world-Several don't watch telly or read newspapers. This suggests to me that the information/world view comes from elective searches. i.e. proactively seeking information via the internet or buying/reading specific books.

This strikes me as a way to avoid getting any kind of balanced view.

Just a thought.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718