Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: blair

Default blair

what do you say

Hague!

Quote Originally Posted by sharona View Post
    what do you say
    Didn't he do well. Answered all the questions well. Did a good job with mass murderer Saddam and we can all sleep safer in out beds.

Quote Originally Posted by sharona View Post
    what do you say
    I say he's answered the questions, Sharona.

Any chance of you doing the same regarding your parking thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post
    Didn't he do well. Answered all the questions well. Did a good job with mass murderer Saddam and we can all sleep safer in out beds.
    Got to agree he answered OK and at this time of posting still is.

He should be tried for murder. He took is into a 'war on terror' on the back of no evidence of the existence WMD's, fed us lies and illegally removed Saddam from power, (regardless of how much a tyrant he was), and is complicit in the death of Dr. David Kelly. All this was done while sucking up to Bush jr., who's real goal was access to the oil in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    He should be tried for murder. He took is into a 'war on terror' on the back of no evidence of the existence WMD's, fed us lies and illegally removed Saddam from power, (regardless of how much a tyrant he was), and is complicit in the death of Dr. David Kelly. All this was done while sucking up to Bush jr., who's real goal was access to the oil in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    This isn't what I have been/am listening to. I don't think there is oil in Afghanistan either.

fed us lies
    He's a politician, what else did you expect.

And what do we really expect from this enquiry?
    The guy is a good orator, this is a walk in the park for him.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    This isn't what I have been/am listening to. I don't think there is oil in Afghanistan either.
    He's answering questions in the Chilcott Inquiry qhich is looking at Britain's involvement in the invasion of Iraq.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Bush wanted to lay a pipeline from the Caspian Sea across Afghanistan and could only do that with a pro-America government installed, hence the reason for invading Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    He's a politician, what else did you expect.

And what do we really expect from this enquiry?
    The guy is a good orator, this is a walk in the park for him.
    I don't expect anything from this enquiry, just like every other inquiry that's involved Blair, he'll never admit he was wrong.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Bush wanted to lay a pipeline from the Caspian Sea across Afghanistan and could only do that with a pro-America government installed, hence the reason for invading Afghanistan.
    There was another reason, joxville; the international trade in opium/heroin was almost completely destroyed by the government of Afghanistan. Those that fund the US and UK "governments" make a very large amount of money out of Afghan opium poppies. Now, lo and behold, the production is "back to normal."

I think he answered the questions fairly well. The impression I got of the whole thing is that he genuinely believes that the decision he made was the correct one, and for this he has my respect - it would have been easy for him to come out and just be hyper-apologetic. And I'm sorry Jox, but I find the "tried for murder" comment to be ridiculous. The same goes for the Hague comment.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

jox, I completely agree with your first post. You forgot to mention that Hamid Karzai, Afghanistan's chosen one used to be a consultant for an oil company. Unocal. Strange that.

Default h

there was nothin out there,, just like the rest of them to take money from the tax payers they r not intersted in this contry

I think he conducted himself well.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by Alan16 View Post
    The impression I got of the whole thing is that he genuinely believes that the decision he made was the correct one
    "Once you've convinced yourself......."

C'mon Alan, wake up!
    A Lawyer & Politician, of course he's going to give you the impression he's genuine.

He had is arm shoved up his back by the US and he's not going to admit that now is he.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan16 View Post
    I think he answered the questions fairly well. The impression I got of the whole thing is that he genuinely believes that the decision he made was the correct one, and for this he has my respect - it would have been easy for him to come out and just be hyper-apologetic. And I'm sorry Jox, but I find the "tried for murder" comment to be ridiculous. The same goes for the Hague comment.
    He's a sociopath, what do you expect? He has no compassion for those who have suffered as a result of his warmongering, he made that clear today.

There are only three legal reasons to go to war, in self defence if someone attacks you, for humanitarian reasons to protect part of the population of a country or if you have a UN resolution specifically authorising the war.

From what I gathered from Blair's testimony today none of these reasons applied, therefore we broke the law and if we are a civilised country then we should put Blair on trial for the offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post

He had is arm shoved up his back by the US and he's not going to admit that now is he.
    "Birds of a feather flock together!"

I don't expect anything from this enquiry, just like every other inquiry that's involved Blair, he'll never admit he was wrong.
    Sir John Chilcot, he was a member of the Butler Inquiry which whitewashed the evidence of Iraqi WMDs. He's not going to be too keen to contradict those findings.

Sir Roderick Lyne, he was our Ambassador in Russia in 2003, it was his job to sell the lies to the Russians, he'd be finding himself guilty.

Sir Lawrence Freedman, here's what he said to the House of Lords Select Committee on the Constitution on 18 January 2006:

"Iraq was a very unusual situation where it was not an ongoing conflict. If we had waited things would not have been that much different in two or three months' time and so, instead of responding either to aggression by somebody else, as with the Falklands, or to developing humanitarian distress, as in the Balkans, we decided that security considerations for the future demanded immediate action."
    He's already decided it's permissible to break international law if it suits you and based on what you say might happen in the future.

Martin Gilbert, he sees Blair as another Churchill
    http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comme...379819,00.html

Out of five panel members three were pro war and none spoke against the war.

They'll find a scapegoat to heap the blame on.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    From what I gathered from Blair's testimony today none of these reasons applied, therefore we broke the law and if we are a civilised country then we should put Blair on trial for the offence.
    I think that this country is obliged to do so, under international conventions that we are signed up to.

From one of the BBC video clips, Blair seems to need an awful lot of bodyguards. Still, with all that blood money flowing about, their salaries should not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by roadbowler View Post
    jox, I completely agree with your first post. You forgot to mention that Hamid Karzai, Afghanistan's chosen one used to be a consultant for an oil company. Unocal. Strange that.
    If I recall correctly, there was also a Chief in one of the American Military Services who was a former Unocal chairman, I'll need to look that up. Also, I'm sure there was a programme on BBC revealing there was meeting in the late 90's between the Taliban, Bush, when he was Governor of Texas and Unocal to discuss building the pipeline. Enron carried out a feasibilty study and Haliburton would lay the pipeline. Enron was a major contributor to the Bush campaign when he ran for Governor and again for the Presidency. The Chairman of Haliburton at the time of the meeting was Dick Cheney, who became Bush's Vice-President.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast