Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: help!!!!

Default help!!!!

how would you go about promoting a band and their new album i've done the usual put it on radio and on web page and even put clips of the songs on the internet put the posters up got local shops to take them on and sell them giving them so much of profit to go to charity etc but it not seem to work. Can't get people even to listen they just dont have the time

what radio did you put it on? have you got fliers out of the county?

There's no quick way to shift some CD's i'm afraid. The best way for unsigned/unknown bands to sell CD's is to play plenty gigs and advertise the fact that you have your CD on sale. That way, if folk like whatthey hear at the gig, they're more likely to want to buy your music.

We live in a world of downloads now. Have you got your stuff available to buy online? It's easier to do than you think.
    Last edited by theboss; 28-Jan-10 at 14:40.

Default hi

on caithness fm and hopefully mfr soon fliers what you mean by that ???
    and no idea how to get stuff online to download not a great computer person lol thanks for info though

Check out http://www.last.fm and get a webpage, photos and mp3s up for download. It also allows you to register your band's name.

GNG
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Quote Originally Posted by babybeenie2801 View Post
    how would you go about promoting a band and their new album i've done the usual put it on radio and on web page and even put clips of the songs on the internet put the posters up got local shops to take them on and sell them giving them so much of profit to go to charity etc but it not seem to work. Can't get people even to listen they just dont have the time
    whats the web address?
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore