Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: question on rep

Default question on rep

I finally read something that made me laugh and thought that surely that deserved a bit of good rep. Being an idiot i wasnt paying attention, and just as i sent the comment , i realised there was a wee dot in the disaprove box. Therefor i assume ive actually bad repped this person by mistake. So the question is- can i rectify this and if so , could some one explain it to me in words of two sylibals or less please?

There is no way of changing what you have done other than to give the person a good rep to cancel out the bad rep you have just given them.

Quote Originally Posted by teuchter
    I finally read something that made me laugh and thought that surely that deserved a bit of good rep. Being an idiot i wasnt paying attention, and just as i sent the comment , i realised there was a wee dot in the disaprove box. Therefor i assume ive actually bad repped this person by mistake. So the question is- can i rectify this and if so , could some one explain it to me in words of two sylibals or less please?
    I don't know about the rep. but I think I would be furiously typing a very grovelling PM offering lots and lots and lots of apologise and offering to do some very painful penance without the benefit of knee-pads!
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Already done that JAWS, and dont worry im being made to suffer as we speak. This should go out as a dire warning to all orgers, Dont drink and type!!

I'm sure if you pm Niall, he will remove the bad rep..
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Ah... help needed. Having read this I am now worried that I may have overlooked this box to ensure that I am not falling for the same trap. However, I cannot find it. Can someone point me in the right direction? And... my profound apologies if my plea is too late.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Already done that JAWS, and dont worry im being made to suffer as we speak. This should go out as a dire warning to all orgers, Dont drink and type!!
    I'm no making ye suffer, ye just canna handle having a wrestling match over fido's peanuts hey! teuchter it's no problem at all. Just hand over the peanuts and all will be well.

I have a cunning plan. If i bad rep every single orger then it will even us all back up to what we all were before i started out on this quest. I can then give good rep to the original person and finally i will have it right. Be warned , theres gonna be funny stuff flying about in cyberspace tonight. By the time i get through the alphabet this bottles gonna be finished and who know what ill be typing.

Quote Originally Posted by angela5
    I'm no making ye suffer, ye just canna handle having a wrestling match over fido's peanuts hey! teuchter it's no problem at all. Just hand over the peanuts and all will be well.
    I just cant stand the thought of you beating up Fido for his peanuts.You'll just have to settle for a dram next time i meet you in the bar on Stroma.

I just cant stand the thought of you beating up Fido for his peanuts.You'll just have to settle for a dram next time i meet you in the bar on Stroma.
    Aye yer always in the bar in stroma, morning, noon and night. If i do decide to keep ye company ye can throw me fido's lead.

I was at least hoping to knock one of those green squares off . Guess i'll need to try harder next time. Remember if your taking Fido for his walkies your going to need a mini digger and tattie sacks for clearing up the droppings.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by angela5
    Aye yer always in the bar in stroma, morning, noon and night. If i do decide to keep ye company ye can throw me fido's lead.
    it's the only place in the UK you can actually get a quiet jar & be sure there'll be a taxiderm to take you home...................I look at stroma everyday & wish

BTW I heard Fido had a trunk

<thought> if I bred a puffin with a hefalump I could fly to stroma

shwing shwing shoobapdoowah yeah.....................

I was at least hoping to knock one of those green squares off . Guess i'll need to try harder next time. Remember if your taking Fido for his walkies your going to need a mini digger and tattie sacks for clearing up the droppings.
    Try, try and try again. I had no plans to take your fido a walk i'm no that mad now. Throw his lead yeh! i'll attach a brick to the end of it.
    Maybe i'll try and knock your green square off.....

Im amazed there is one. Its lonely as it is, so relegating it to the sinbin is probably no bad thing. Is it me or Fido that your planning on tieing a brick too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco
    Ah... help needed. Having read this I am now worried that I may have overlooked this box to ensure that I am not falling for the same trap. However, I cannot find it. Can someone point me in the right direction? And... my profound apologies if my plea is too late.
    "I approve" or the "good rep" is the default position. So you would have to consciously change it to "I disapprove" to send a bad rep. You would know that you were doing it.

Who me? Am I supposed to know what I am doing? I sometimes wonder when I see some of the coursework that I have been marking lately! ;-)
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."