Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'e Courier & 'e Groat

I am not ashamed to say I read the court cases, letters and everything else in the Groat! When I lived away from Wick for 5 years I got the papers sent to me every week so I knew what was going on locally.

Granted some of the court cases are trivial but all the same I have the right to know if I have a criminal or voilent person living next door to me.

I want to know who has done what and who has been in court because its better to know sooner rather than later. Would I want a housebreaker living downstairs from me and not know?? of course i wouldnt! And i know that it wouldn't make much difference about the criminal's location but i would definately put an extra lock on my door and have someone keep a closer eye on the place if i was away.

Do i want to know if someone has embezzled money from a comittee i donated to? Damn right i do, i want to know what they had to say for themselves and what the outcome was. There is one case in particular i cant wait to hear about and hope justice will be done.

People should be named and shamed for doing wrong.

Default Can't get through Friday without it

Quote Originally Posted by macbreeza View Post
    I am not ashamed to say I read the court cases, letters and everything else in the Groat! When I lived away from Wick for 5 years I got the papers sent to me every week so I knew what was going on locally.

Granted some of the court cases are trivial but all the same I have the right to know if I have a criminal or voilent person living next door to me.

I want to know who has done what and who has been in court because its better to know sooner rather than later. Would I want a housebreaker living downstairs from me and not know?? of course i wouldnt! And i know that it wouldn't make much difference about the criminal's location but i would definately put an extra lock on my door and have someone keep a closer eye on the place if i was away.

Do i want to know if someone has embezzled money from a comittee i donated to? Damn right i do, i want to know what they had to say for themselves and what the outcome was. There is one case in particular i cant wait to hear about and hope justice will be done.

People should be named and shamed for doing wrong.
    You're right on all counts macbreeza and that is why I buy the local paper too. I feel a sense of community and belonging (just like on the org!) when I read the local news and the hatches, matches and dispatches. It promotes discussion (some might say gossip) at work and if you don't know a lot of the folk involved it's guaranteed that someone will put you in the picture. That's one of the joys of living in a relatively small community like Caithness and we should revel in it rather than knock it.

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Why would wanting to read what's happening in court be classed as 'being nosey'?

You could say the same about any aspect of the local news circuit. Newspapers report local goings on and events because that's what local people expect from a local paper (I'm going all Royston Vasey now).

BTW, why read the court names list in the first place, we've all a good idea what names will be appearing on a regular basis.......
    Obvious...the usual suspects
    Last edited by ducati; 29-Jan-10 at 00:14. Reason: spelling in four words tch!

Quote Originally Posted by butchergav View Post
    Sad indeed.
    How deliciously ironic is this post?

What is it about hypocritical butchers and the Org?

Can I give you a big wet sloppy one gav? Mwwwwwaaaaaaaa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12