Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mother at 63

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default mother at 63

saw on the news today about a woman who is 63 years old is having a baby. do you think that is right?

i personally think it would be a better idea for this woman to foster kids, this way children who are needy will have someone to care for them plus this woman would have children to love.

this woman would be putting her life in danger because she will be putting her body under unnecessary stress plus she will be more than likely depriving the child of a mother in future years.

So when the kid is 15 years old the mother will be 78 years old.....hmmmmmmmmmm, not too good.

Convenient though, being able to pick up your pension and child allowance at the same time.

Your as young as u feel...

hee hee
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Default mother at 63

i think this is wrong. whn the child gets older they might be bullied cos of how old their parents are and not meaning to sound nasty but she probably wont be able to see it grow or get married unless she is a tough old bird and is still really healthy. she to also cause damage to herself. if she wants to have kids at that age its up to her though.
    some ones always watching!!!!!

Default mother at 63

maybe im right maybe im wrong but i feel it will be unfair to a child to be brought into the world and after a few years losing their parent. when i was 25 i lost my mother due to ilness not age, she was only 51, but that was a wrench for me. what would that child feel like because it is highly unlikely that they would have their mother to teen years.
    fostering can be a short term help for many needy children and would give her the children that she yearns for.

Quote Originally Posted by mischief
    if she wants to have kids at that age its up to her though.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandy
    umm did she intentionally get preg or did it just happen?

It's not up to her.If it were up to her she would still have been infertile due to natural menopause. She had children at that age because of (a dubious) medical intervention.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by gee
    saw on the news today about a woman who is 63 years old is having a baby. do you think that is right?

i personally think it would be a better idea for this woman to foster kids, this way children who are needy will have someone to care for them plus this woman would have children to love.

this woman would be putting her life in danger because she will be putting her body under unnecessary stress plus she will be more than likely depriving the child of a mother in future years.
    I think it is wrong to have kids at that age as they arent going to be around to see them grow up and its the child who is left to deal with it.
    as for getting I.V.F. i strongly believe that it should only be used in cases where people cant concieve for whatever medical reasons.not because you are passed child bearing age and decide you want another child.

I.V.F. is obviously a wonderfull thing, I have suffered 3 miscarriage's and only through haveing I.V.F. have i got my daughter which is a reminder everyday how lucky we are and how precious children are.

I.V.F in itself can be a harrowing experiance so to put your body throught all that and pregnancy and child birth at that age just to have a child to cement a relationship is wrong, kids dont make relationships.
    that is why there are strict rules in this country regarding I.V.F. and the cut off age is there for a reason.
    There is also a high chance of disabilities in childen born to women over 40.

Angry

Yuk, I thought she wouldve been past it for a jump in the sack at that age!
    No seriously she went to Italy for IVF treatment as she was too old for it in the UK. She has 2 grown up children, so why be so selfish & have another at almost retiring age?
    Can ye imagine at the school on the bairns first day? "Is that yer gran?", `No its my mam` What a shame on the kid, I think & so do millions of others, judging by the phone polls Ive seen

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Roses
    Yuk, I thought she wouldve been past it for a jump in the sack at that age!
    At 63? I hardly think so.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    At 63? I hardly think so.
    Iv,e suddenly gone blind with the horrible mental image iv,e just seen LOL

She cannot see any further than what she herself wants and has no regard whatsoever for the child. She obviously has the same learning skills as the toddler screaming and demanding sweets at the checkout.

Has she really stopped to think her she will cope physically keeping up with the child. I dread to think how a 70 year old would manage to cope with an agile stroppy teenager. Even getting to that stage can be very tiring even for much younger people.
    The odds are is that most of the hard work will be left for others to do and just who is going to look after the child when she is dead.
    I realise that a child can be in that position even with younger parents, but that is not usually expected to be inevitable, with this woman it is.

Personally, I wouldn't like to face the prospect of becoming a father at that age, (No, not even Catherine Zeta-J could persuade me), never mind the prospect of becoming a mother.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Castletown (N58deg 35.240/W003deg 22.839)

Default mother at 63

I am totally gobsmacked by this announcement on the news tonight! They say they have the childs best interests at heart - yea right - if they're around long enough. They're not only old enough to be the childs grandparents, but old enough to be its GREAT- grandparents! Can you see the father out kicking a ball with his son or learning him to ride a bike? Or if its a girl do you think the mother will be doing girlie things with her like shopping or whatever - I don't think so! Too much of an age/generation gap here. On saying that i'm sure they will be good enough parents for the little time they will share with their child, or more to the point, the little time their child will share with them. But who am I to judge, its just my opinion.

My dad's 65 and i could see him out quite happily kicking a ball with a kid. My mums the same age and there's still plenty of life in her too. I'm not saying i agree with this woman having a child at this age, but give the oldies a break. They're not all old and senile. I think 63 is still quite young. This woman could quite easily have another 30 years in front of her..
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

My dad's 65 and i could see him out quite happily kicking a ball with a kid. My mums the same age and there's still plenty of life in her too. I'm not saying i agree with this woman having a child at this age, but give the oldies a break. They're not all old and senile. I think 63 is still quite young. This woman could quite easily have another 30 years in front of her..
    Maybe 10 years at home with her child and the following 20 in a care home.

I totally agree wi you connie 65 aint old my gran is 87 this year and she goes to yoga, circle dancing, swimming, sauna, dog sits and walks for miles and she just retired last year, she is a lot fitter than people half her age.
    its doing all these things that keep her fit and young at heart.

but she certainly wouldnt want to have babies lol
    Last edited by sam; 04-May-06 at 22:09.
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

I think I would rather see two older parents who can provide for thier child than perhaps a single 16 year old who may have to rely on the state to bring up her child as she loses her own childhood.
    Live the Life

Your mom and dad, like mine, love spending time with their grandchildren. A few hours,a day, a weekend or even aholiday are completely different to living with and raising a child. To my knowledge there are not that many spritely 80 year olds with enough get go to deal with children as parents. Nature has created a system to make sure that this does not happen and we are contravening nature.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

krieve Guest

I totally agree Connie my granny is 78 and she still likes to have fun she even travelled from Edinburgh to Aberdeen to watch Hibs play with my uncle. I hope i am as active when i reach that age!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Billy Boy
    IThere is also a high chance of disabilities in childen born to women over 40.
    There is an increased risk but the chances are not "high". Naturally conceiving a baby over the age of forty happens but your body tells you your child bearing and child rearing days should be over when you have the menopause. Miriam Stoppard said last night that this was an example of the consumer society we live in - i want so i shall just go out and buy and i think that she is right. Being 63 doesnt make you too old to be a good parent but nature tells you that your body is past child bearing. The trouble is though that fostering and Adoption sometimes discriminate against the older parent too remember. With an aging population and children in care who need fostering and adoption maye this needs re examning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast