Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Healthy Minds Collapse - Skinandis March 6th

Default Healthy Minds Collapse - Skinandis March 6th

This band are something else. They have played with bands such as Alice In Chains and The Dykeenies and also receive regular air play from Jim Gellaty.

If you fancy having a listen before you decide to come click here for your free download.

www.musicglue.com/hmc
    Last edited by zebedy; 25-Jan-10 at 22:05. Reason: my spelling is duff
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Not to mention... Elton John, T In The Park, Flood Of Red...

Magic band, a bargain at £4

just a wee plug.

but ourselves (noexitwound)
    have uploaded a new version of our song D[eye]lated to our myspace.

If anyone has a moment would be lethal to get some feedback on what you think of it.

www.myspace.com/noexitwound

Think I prefer the start to the original version, with just the guitars and then the bassline comes in, but other than that, new version sounds cool lek...

Also the middle bit, which starts about 1.05, sounds a bit like the start to the 'cave' levels music on Super Mario

The start was actually my bad, it wasn't until it was on myspace that I realised the guitar was supposed to be before the bass. I like it though

yeah blame the engineer

Decent turn out for them last time round and with a couple of local bands playing I suspect there will be more.

Thank god they're not taking SoundShok with them this time. They were quite simply the worst band I've ever had to endure.

Looking forward to this gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Blast! View Post
    Decent turn out for them last time round and with a couple of local bands playing I suspect there will be more.

Thank god they're not taking SoundShok with them this time. They were quite simply the worst band I've ever had to endure.

Looking forward to this gig.
    Ah come one now... They weren't the worst band you've EVER seen surely. They were quite good at what they did. It's more like you weren't into their brand of metal surely?

Who supported Broken Records when they were up here? It wud have been a good idea to get a local band to support bands that come up here, just to drag along a few extra people!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Who supported Broken Records when they were up here? It wud have been a good idea to get a local band to support bands that come up here, just to drag along a few extra people!
    Broken Records were supported by an acoustic act from Edinburgh called Withered Hands. He was brilliant. Best acoustic act i'd seen in a long time.

We're well aware that local support acts can bring in extra punters but unfortunately there are very few local acts doing original music up here.

Quote Originally Posted by theboss View Post
    Broken Records were supported by an acoustic act from Edinburgh called Withered Hands. He was brilliant. Best acoustic act i'd seen in a long time.

We're well aware that local support acts can bring in extra punters but unfortunately there are very few local acts doing original music up here.

Lol christ aye! I was speaking to him in skins! haha! Nice chap!

I would love to write my own stuff but it comes out as

"Fell in love with a girl at the party"

kind of stuff lol

Ah come one now... They weren't the worst band you've EVER seen surely. They were quite good at what they did. It's more like you weren't into their brand of metal surely?
    They really were the worst band I've seen. But aye, I'm not into their brand of metal, or any other metal for that matter.

Broken Records were supported by an acoustic act from Edinburgh called Withered Hands. He was brilliant.
    Aye, he was brilliant, some hilarious lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I would love to write my own stuff but it comes out as

"Fell in love with a girl at the party"

kind of stuff lol
    That's not too far from some of the crap you play on the radio pal, give it a go.

"I hate blast
    I hear he gets a mast
    in his pants
    when he gets to dance
    with 10 year old boys
    In France"

is that any good?!?!

as good as most of the stuff you like...

Definetly the underworld mario theme lmao!

Its defo good but all the little riff bits (I'll explain in person to one of the band members incase anyones gonna make a mess of their pants ragin at me on here) are a bit weird to listen to. Like to me the song doesnt flow as well as some of your other stuff?

Any word on when Eyes In The Sky will be coming out?

I still have the original unmixed CDS and canna wait for the full polished version to come out!

Quote Originally Posted by Olin View Post
    Definetly the underworld mario theme lmao!

Its defo good but all the little riff bits (I'll explain in person to one of the band members incase anyones gonna make a mess of their pants ragin at me on here) are a bit weird to listen to. Like to me the song doesnt flow as well as some of your other stuff?

Any word on when Eyes In The Sky will be coming out?

I still have the original unmixed CDS and canna wait for the full polished version to come out!
    Cheers bae.
    It's just a little breakdown before the outro riff/solo.
    I appreciate people don't get the whole stop/start side of things, it's just one of the little quirks I like putting into songs, most of the time it happens just because it happens

It's a bit like Smiles Have Meaning. There is no verses or choruses. It's just weirdly structured haha.
    Thanks for all the input though guys.

Eyes in the Sky will be out in the next few months providing all goes well.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Keen!

Surely not going to use my cover I designed in flat? LMAO!

Na I have been doing my "No Exit Wound - Research" recently and like looking at everything from the first live session and just thinking about what you guys are doing.

Like see D[eye] lated, was everything redone or just certain bits? I think at some point if you guys have time and money you should defo redo at least some of the songs off your "Generous" release cause those songs kick ass! Like I was listening to one of the songs (canna mind which one right now) and I honestly could only hear a drum track.... Was rather sad cause I know live these songs are great!

Keep doing what "yer" doing! (Y)

Quote Originally Posted by Olin View Post
    Keen!

Surely not going to use my cover I designed in flat? LMAO!

Na I have been doing my "No Exit Wound - Research" recently and like looking at everything from the first live session and just thinking about what you guys are doing.

Like see D[eye] lated, was everything redone or just certain bits? I think at some point if you guys have time and money you should defo redo at least some of the songs off your "Generous" release cause those songs kick ass! Like I was listening to one of the songs (canna mind which one right now) and I honestly could only hear a drum track.... Was rather sad cause I know live these songs are great!

Keep doing what "yer" doing! (Y)
    Haha nah man, we will be doing everything DIY (cover, artwork, etc)
    Pretty much everything except vocals was redone for D(eye)lated yeah, because it was so poorly recorded in the first place.

We want to re-record some of the stuff from the EP for sure. Will defo be looking into it.

Thanks man.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Please note, the doors will now open at 7pm for this gig, not 8pm. Can you update the top poster to this one please Zeb.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast