Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for someone

Default Looking for someone

Anyone have any ideas how to find a person who lives in america this person is my grandfather. I belive its easier to locate someone who lives in america as you can access peoples records.

I can give you G W Bush's telephone number if you want

Seriously I saw a TV programme on sky about tracing people in the USA trying to think of the name of it, will get it to you when I mind it.
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie
    I can give you G W Bush's telephone number if you want

Seriously I saw a TV programme on sky about tracing people in the USA trying to think of the name of it, will get it to you when I mind it.
    cheers chillie.lol

Do the Salvation Army not have a section which tries to locate people I seem to remember that from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland
    Do the Salvation Army not have a section which tries to locate people I seem to remember that from somewhere.
    The person i am locating doesnt come from wick or caithness area and never lived here but lived in england. I have very little information but i will keep trying my grandmother says im like a dog with a bone LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bingobabe
    The person i am locating doesnt come from wick or caithness area and never lived here but lived in england. I have very little information but i will keep trying my grandmother says im like a dog with a bone LOL.

When did he go to USA.

The Salvation Army are global and have a feeling that they do try to locate people.

The Salvation Army are global and have a feeling that they do try to locate people.
    Do they not go under a different name in the USA

Found this on the net just now, might be worth a try.

Finding a person
    Put in Name & Location - Search the Person Now only at $29.95!
    http://LocatePeople.Org

When did he go to USA.
    How? Surely ye think ye ken him A bit like George w Bush, I gather ye ken him too

I could be wrong but I think they only trace people who have disappeared and are possibly still alive rather than trace ancestors.

I understand the Mormons have a fairly comprehensive database of such records on the web.
    You might try finding that.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

You can trace people in america through Genes Reunited, they have several cities you can click on to

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Roses
    How? Surely ye think ye ken him A bit like George w Bush, I gather ye ken him too

Actully I do ken GW very well, I met his brother Jeb when he was staying in Mackays some years ago, so put that in yer pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    I could be wrong but I think they only trace people who have disappeared and are possibly still alive rather than trace ancestors.

I understand the Mormons have a fairly comprehensive database of such records on the web.
    You might try finding that.

Prey tell me why would the Mormons keep such a record, does the church of Scotland/England then ?

Anyone have any ideas how to find a person who lives in america this person is my grandfather. I belive its easier to locate someone who lives in america as you can access peoples records.
    Will that person wish to be "found"?

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    Thanks for that I knew I had heard something about them looking for people but wasnt sure what it was exactly and I think your right there.

Prey tell me why would the Mormons keep such a record, does the church of Scotland/England then ?
    Jaws is actually correct. The mormons keep do records and I have actually obtained part of my family tree from them - and no one in our family has ever been a member of their religion.

Unfortunately I can't remember the address to obtain the info - try searching the web.
    Don Quixote

Hi thanks everyone for all your advise.I have tried alot of the websites and ended up paying a membership fee plus alot more on top of that And i did find his son and spoke to him but he was not to keen on giving me any telephone numbers so ill keep trying im very persistent.
    Last edited by Bingobabe; 04-May-06 at 18:28.

I believe, although I am by no means certain, that it is for use at the Day of Judgement so people can pass into the Kingdom of Heaven. I understand that they are working their way through the old records of Births, Marriages and Deaths etc.

I'm not sure how the information is meant to be of use but somebody somewhere must have a little more information on that part. As far as I am aware, the information is being gleaned for Religious rather than Secular reasons.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

a good site run in america for tracing people is www.reunion.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast