Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crime, Crime and More Crime

Default Crime, Crime and More Crime

Bought a Courier today hoping to catch up on all the local news. I couldn't believe how much of today's paper concerned crime. We had the signs at John O'Groats stolen, South School broken into, cemetery house set on fire, bicycle stolen, mobile phone stolen, cars vandalised, windows smashed and all this information only took me to page three. Throughout the rest of the paper there were about 15 court cases as well as a shed being set on fire. What's happening to our town? Is this a sign of things to come?

u sound suprised

I think a lot of it has to do with drink, drink and more drink! That and a serious lack of deterrents. Bring back the stocks for social crimes I say - and no, I'm not kidding.

you sound surprised ,caithness has been going down hill this way for some time and it's not only drink to blame,drug's has a lot to answer for to,as for the stock's it sound's a bit rash for some lol

Well to be honest i hear alot worse than this each and every day. More so at the at the weekends like most of you have said it is alot to do way drink and drugs probarly a combanation of both enough to put the anyone of their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bingobabe
    Well to be honest i hear alot worse than this each and every day. More so at the at the weekends like most of you have said it is alot to do way drink and drugs probarly a combanation of both enough to put the anyone of their heads.
    A school has been broken into, house set on fire, windows smashed and phones stolen,cars vandalised, what do you hear that is a lot worse? are you saying this is non important crimes?.
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie
    A school has been broken into, house set on fire, windows smashed and phones stolen,cars vandalised, what do you hear that is a lot worse? are you saying this is non important crimes?.
    Lordy lordy what the heck is going on on here today? Everyone's taking even more offence to peoples comments than usual. lol.
    I don't think that that was what Bingo meant really do you?

I kinda understand the comment. The crimes you are quoting are terrible, theres no two ways around it. They're carried out by despicable people and cause despicable pain to innocent victims.
    I suppose having grown up in a place that isn't quite so innocent (Eek!) as caithness I have heard of and lived close by to crimes that I would say are more serious than the ones you mention - thats not to say the crimes you mention are in any way less destroying or heinous. But IMO murder, rape, armed robbery etc would be classed as more serious.

Please no abuse, it's just an opinion.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo
    Lordy lordy what the heck is going on on here today? Everyone's taking even more offence to peoples comments than usual. lol.
    I don't think that that was what Bingo meant really do you?

I kinda understand the comment. The crimes you are quoting are terrible, theres no two ways around it. They're carried out by despicable people and cause despicable pain to innocent victims.
    I suppose having grown up in a place that isn't quite so innocent (Eek!) as caithness I have heard of and lived close by to crimes that I would say are more serious than the ones you mention - thats not to say the crimes you mention are in any way less destroying or heinous. But IMO murder, rape, armed robbery etc would be classed as more serious.

Please no abuse, it's just an opinion.
    i totally agree with you porshiepoo, although the crimes in caithness are bad enough, there are far worse crimes happening all over.
    The way things are going in caithness it wont be long until we have crimes like that up here.
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture
    We had the signs at John O'Groats stolen
    Here is my offender profile.

Has own transport large enough to accomodate booty like a VW camper.

17-30yrs

male and physically fit.

Lives out of the county

Enjoys drinking and pranks

Not thieving alone, so may indicate that he may be acting as part of a group of similiar profile of people.

May visit Cornwall on a regular basis for the same reasons as he is in the county.

get the picture?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    Here is my offender profile.

Has own transport large enough to accomodate booty like a VW camper.

17-30yrs

male and physically fit.

Lives out of the county

Enjoys drinking and pranks

Not thieving alone, so may indicate that he may be acting as part of a group of similiar profile of people.

May visit Cornwall on a regular basis for the same reasons as he is in the county.

get the picture?
    Oh yeah, I thought of that when I read the courier this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo
    Lordy lordy

Reading the reports of the sentences received it's hardly surprising - piddling little fines reduced for pathetic reasons and payable in amounts that wouldn't hurt anyone.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Exclamation crime

boredom is one of the main factors in younger ones getting into trouble. they dont come under any category or way of life they just see these things on tv and seem to think its a cool thing to do. i know its disgusting behaviour but just think of programmes they watch and games they play. all or most of them are based on violence and destruction.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gee
    boredom is one of the main factors in younger ones getting into trouble. they dont come under any category or way of life they just see these things on tv and seem to think its a cool thing to do. i know its disgusting behaviour but just think of programmes they watch and games they play. all or most of them are based on violence and destruction.
    It's not just youngsters that commit crime. What's the excuse for the adults that commit crimes?

The majority of youngsters today are no problem at all, as they have been taught to respect themselves as well as others. The troublesome ones have no self respect, and therefore no respect for others. Add this to the damage caused by the PCP - Politically Correct Pillocks - of the last few years and you will find a lot of the answers.
    Unfortunately - the damage has been done. But remember that it is only a minority that gets the rest a bad name.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time - but never all of the people all of the time!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimH
    But remember that it is only a minority that gets the rest a bad name.
    Exactly JimH.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Read the Courier today, EEEEk lots of crime. But wait a minute, no rapes, no muggings, no murders, no major thefts, no arson,the school was only robbed and no dead heroin addicts. Tank goodness I don't live in somewhere wi a crime problem like Inverness.

Default crime

jim h i agree with you whole heartedly there. one person can give the whole group of people can get bad name. kids are the minority adults i have not got a clue what goes through their minds when they are doing cruel and heartless things to people and their property. do they have a conscience

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie
    In a lot of local papers such matters would not even rate a mention. The school being broken into might just get a mention if there was a lot of damage done or a large amount of things stolen. Certainly many local papers would not bother to report a derelict house being set on fire. In many places people would not even bother to phone the police about stolen cycles and phones or vandalised cars. Such things are just as much a part of life as getting wet when it rains.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    In a lot of local papers such matters would not even rate a mention. The school being broken into might just get a mention if there was a lot of damage done or a large amount of things stolen. Certainly many local papers would not bother to report a derelict house being set on fire. In many places people would not even bother to phone the police about stolen cycles and phones or vandalised cars. Such things are just as much a part of life as getting wet when it rains.
    Does not sound like you care too much for the community you are living in Jaws.
    If your house was broken into would your attitude remain the same? such as life!
    It is true crimes committed like we've recently seen do not get a mention in a lot of local papers. We are living in a small community in caithness it is also disheartning to read of such crimes wether they matter to you or not.
    People are being murdered, raped, mugged on a daily bases should we residents of caithness put aside our break-ins, arson, theft and say it is like getting wet when it rains. We better not mention in our local paper of such crime after all worse things are happening in the world.
    And before you say it Jaws, yes, i care about what happens Everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast