Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: terrible

Quote Originally Posted by BINBOB View Post
    There are such folk,Fran...myself and 3 neighbours made sure that a very needy gentleman had a good Christmas ,with food,presents and cat food too.We are still helping him,one of my neighbours is almost a saint for looking out for this gentleman..........she gives him whatever he needs at anu time.I also give him little things now and again............we will be there for him throughout the year,not just at Christmas.

As he is an avid churchgoer,I did ask why they were not helping him more???The minister NEVER returned my call.

Cats protection are now helping with feeding his cat.
    He is still trying to sort out his benefits which has gone on for weeks.
    I am sure there are many others like this too,hidden away behind closed doors...........please try to seek and help.My neighbour also made sure he had a lovely NEW YEARS day dinner and a brandy!!!

The same neighbour has been there for me since I have been ill and even struggled through the snow for my prescriptions,on foot.I and my dear dogs would have struggled without her..........Thank u M. U knowwho u are.
    Iam sure and know that u do same for folk,Fran...so Bless all of the silent soldiers who help their fellow human beings at any time.
    That is a lovely account, BINBOB.

I think that this thread has drifted off towards a "scroungers" forum, but surely the whole point of the thread was to highlight the plight of the needy and the fact that some people are good enough to do something about it?

The problem is Stavro, its not alus easy to distinguish the needy from the greedy. When in doubt be prepared to help out but also report.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    That is a lovely account, BINBOB.

I think that this thread has drifted off towards a "scroungers" forum, but surely the whole point of the thread was to highlight the plight of the needy and the fact that some people are good enough to do something about it?
    Thank u ,Stavro....once again.

i think this thread is great,everyone has so many different opinions,there are some understanding people who know persons having or have had hard times,who no fault of there own has lost there job,or hubbie/wife left them,there are also the people who get sick and tired of seeing scroungers about the town spending there dole money on needless things,there are a lot of people out there that have worked all there lifes,and are still working,and maybe say to themselves,that this country is easy,the goverment is doing things all wrong,the bottom line is,well i think,we the working people the ones that pay all our taxes for all our years to keep the dole queue long and healthy, will always keep this country out of the list of poor counrties.i went on a bit,sorry i just thought i would like to add to this thread,i love a good debate.

Quoted comment.......I get £60.50 a week to live on,its hardly much is it?Too many on here are quick to judge and would be better to think-there but for the grace of god go I-BEFORE postingx[/quote]
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................
    I'm sure you are entitled to a lot more and should go and get advice. you should get council tax/rent rebate and other allowances for children or pension age , child allowance etc. Heating cold weather payments.
    A lot of people dont claim all that they are entitled to.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

I suppose if your really skint it's easy to think 'aw I can miss a few meals'.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................
    I'm sure you are entitled to a lot more and should go and get advice. you should get council tax/rent rebate and other allowances for children or pension age , child allowance etc. Heating cold weather payments.
    A lot of people dont claim all that they are entitled to.[/quote]

Thanks Fran but I have already checked,and seemingly i do get everything I am entitled to,because my kids are over 5 I do not get cold weather payments or free milk but I do get free school meals.
    I didnt meant to turn this thread into a poor Thumper is having it hard kind of thread so I am going to say no more,I just had to let peple know that not everyone lives "on e bru" and lives a high life at others expense,infact when I had an accident I was told I should have had incapacity benefit which is a much higher payment and only found out AFTER I could have claimed I guess some people know how to "work the system" and they always will abuse it but I just get upset with people thinking that I dont want to work and that I am happy to scrounge.I volunteer 5 days a week to prove that I am not one of those types but I guess deep down I am still very sensitive about being on benefits and thats why I posted-and probably said too much x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    ... when I had an accident I was told I should have had incapacity benefit which is a much higher payment and only found out AFTER I could have claimed I guess some people know how to "work the system" and they always will abuse it ...
    You have touched upon a real problem here, by bringing up incapacity benefit. This is seemingly a common scam in certain parts.

For instance, while out and about we have witnessed things like: someone being right at the top of a ladder painting the wall of their house (when the person is ferried around in a wheelchair when in the town); being right at the top of a step-ladder with a sledge hammer, driving in a sign post (when the person makes out that they cannot walk without a stick); lifting big rocks out of ditches; running across fields; driving quad-bikes; building a large, breeze-block shed;... And every one of them (very) long-term claimants of incapacity/invalidity benefit.

It is a shame that the needy are tarred with a brush because of the scammers.

Home Aid does a wonderful job, though, and should be congratulated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123