Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Counterfeit Windows who got caught??

Default Counterfeit Windows who got caught??

So who else booted up their PC on friday to discover a big whoping "YOU HAVE GOT A DODGY COPY AND WILL DIE" well words to that effect, on the blue startup screen?????

Come on own up!

I did and was sold this pc from a local shop who when I stopped shouting at them they told me that they had advised me fully it was an evaluation copy "but we do have a fix for that if you want "
    Well I went out to a microsoft authorised dealer and paid £70 for a legit xp home - the other shop are getting a visit from the nice people at microsoft.

The nice legit shop said they have sold over 180 copies of xp to people who have either been ripped off or mis sold or just plain had a copy from a mate!
    NEWS-FLASH - Coudroy Pillows are making headlines!

vodkaman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by grantyg
    So who else booted up their PC on friday to discover a big whoping "YOU HAVE GOT A DODGY COPY AND WILL DIE" well words to that effect, on the blue startup screen?????

Come on own up!

I did and was sold this pc from a local shop who when I stopped shouting at them they told me that they had advised me fully it was an evaluation copy "but we do have a fix for that if you want "
    Well I went out to a microsoft authorised dealer and paid £70 for a legit xp home - the other shop are getting a visit from the nice people at microsoft.

The nice legit shop said they have sold over 180 copies of xp to people who have either been ripped off or mis sold or just plain had a copy from a mate!
    Hope this is a joke!

Nope it was in a windows update

I was totally conned by the shop who upgraded mine!

my m8 tried me with a copy of xp as he has it he never gt a thingy saying hes getting done,fortunately i dot believe in copies i jutbought the real deal it saves less hassle!!!

Yep and for only £70 the real deal is much less hassle!

Default windows

i have the same thing on my computer to!what happens to it,does it just stop one day?

Quote Originally Posted by wick-girl
    i have the same thing on my computer to!what happens to it,does it just stop one day?
    Get a legit copy because they are aware of the fix (illegal) and they said it is getting tracked so there is a 2nd wave!
    That was from when I spoke to microsoft informing them of my dodgy copy and registering my new legit number.
    Try overclockers.com?? xp home is about £60 from there or follow the onscreen instructions and buy a license.
    Then if you were mis sold it report it!