Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes you happy at work?

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Being my own gaffer.

Making my own decisions - right or wrong - and then having sole responsibility for the outcome.

Not being part of some corporate toady regime...been there too many times now.

Working my backside off, for long hours, sometimes for basically nothing, but getting results in the end.

Dealing with decent people (most of the time) and working in a fantastically beautiful corner of the UK (all of the time).

Knowing that all I create is mine.

That's what makes me happy at work.

Don't get me started on the downsides, though.
    Nail. Head. BANG!

Self employment is the dogs danglies . In 16 years I've never had that Monday morning feeling that I had for almost all of the 8-years at my previous job. I get to meet a variety of interesting people, be creative, and put smiles on peoples faces when the job's done. Money has become much less of an issue - so long as there's enough to pay the bills I'm happy!

caithness where else would you want to be??

goin home and payday neither can come soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by ss.sv650 View Post
    goin home and payday neither can come soon enough

Now most of the people I know have that sentiment too,you dont work for local authority do you?
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

I`ve not been at work since June last year due to me having 2 operations and the DVLA revoking my licences for 6 months. I`m looking forward to going back part time as recommended by the surgeon because it`s not easy getting by with no money.No doubt someone will piss me off pretty soon but I`m used to it.
    I miss the craic with the regulars,but not the ignorant ones who don`t know how to say please or thank you.
    Last edited by Mik.M.; 24-Jan-10 at 11:57.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Default Happy dogs

Off work at moment with a dodgy back awaiting op that cant come soon enough cos i cant wait to get back! Although still doing some work from home.
    What makes me happiest is seeing dogs that were really down on their luck, sometimes thin, neglected, confused and depressed when i first picked them up as strays, out walking with their new owners looking happy and loved in their new homes. Makes it all worth it in fact (dont tell the council) but i would probably do it for nothing
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mop top View Post
    Off work at moment with a dodgy back awaiting op that cant come soon enough cos i cant wait to get back! Although still doing some work from home.
    What makes me happiest is seeing dogs that were really down on their luck, sometimes thin, neglected, confused and depressed when i first picked them up as strays, out walking with their new owners looking happy and loved in their new homes. Makes it all worth it in fact (dont tell the council) but i would probably do it for nothing
    Quick revoke the last statement,HC will be looking for volunteers for some of the jobs soon.....

I'd love your job too Moptop but would end up crying my eyes out if an animal had to be pts.

hmmm...
    The hours are long (24/7)... pay non existant .(maternity pay wont last forever)...holidays (what are they?)
    Sleepless nights doing night shift and being in zombie mode doing the following day shift...
    Work non stop as a mum of 3 little ones is hard work.... but seeing the girls sleeping like angels after a busy day makes your heart melt (even when you are up at least half the night with their 3 week old brother)

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    hmmm...
    The hours are long (24/7)... pay non existant .(maternity pay wont last forever)...holidays (what are they?)
    Sleepless nights doing night shift and being in zombie mode doing the following day shift...
    Work non stop as a mum of 3 little ones is hard work.... but seeing the girls sleeping like angels after a busy day makes your heart melt (even when you are up at least half the night with their 3 week old brother)
    Thats not work thats Sainthood

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12