Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: 88 Chinese in Thurso

Default 88 Chinese in Thurso

Was getting a bit sick of ordering the usual dishes here (crispy shredded chicken or chicken with ginger & spring onion being the standards) so decided to try something new.

Was specifically looking for something with a bit of bite (I like cajun chicken and sweet chilli chicken type dishes) but didn't want just heat, so plumped to try Thai Chilli Chicken with Coconut, with which I had fried rice.

All I can say was it was absolutely beautiful - the chicken had just the right amount of chilli heat, while the coconut added a nice sweetness (but not too much).

Anyone else recommend any other chicken dishes from 88 that I can try which might match my formula?

Took up your recommendation tonight Bob.
    Have to agree Thai Chilli Chicken with Coconut was lovely.

Recently fancied something different & tried a Tom Yum Chicken, bit of heat but lovely & creamy as well.
    I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

I love the shredded chicken and fried rice from there.

I few of their thai dishes are really nice(agree with the tom yum one). I like a bit of spice with it.

If you're not bothered, price wise, a good starter dish to share is the shredded chicken with salt and chili, it's amazingly nice.

In my opinion actually, most of the chicken dishes from their are really good. I prefer 88 to any other Chinese Takeaway(Thurso & Wick).

Thanks guys - I'll give the Tom Yum a try next time.

Thumbs up 888 Chinese

I have said before there are good ones all over in Caithness Yes I have had some good food there. Wick as well. They all work very hard I love Chinese food and the people of China as well

Default 88

I love the lemon chicken from 88 it's really good. Orange chicken is nice too.

Default Empire

I like the food from Eighty Eight but also, the food from Empire is great also. I sometimes choose something different that is not on the menu and they are very obliging and make it for me. I can't fault them either.