Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Loch More @ Sunset

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Lizz,why not just accept the way other ppl like to take their photos.Its a great shot which should be getting praise, not a comment like yours just because its not done the way you like.
    I just dont understand this inability by you and quite a few others to accept the way someone else likes to take their photos.
    I didnt think that Lizz's comment was either critical, or negative, just a simple expression of a personal (and reasonable) preference. Its a subject I cant make my mind up on, so I can understand both points of view. When taking photos of running water, I always end up with two exposures - one short, with 'frozen' sparkling droplets, and one long exposure with 'noodles' - I like both and can never decide which I prefer! - I used to be indecisive - but now im not so sure!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Guy View Post
    I didnt think that Lizz's comment was either critical, or negative, just a simple expression of a personal (and reasonable) preference. Its a subject I cant make my mind up on, so I can understand both points of view. When taking photos of running water, I always end up with two exposures - one short, with 'frozen' sparkling droplets, and one long exposure with 'noodles' - I like both and can never decide which I prefer! - I used to be indecisive - but now im not so sure!
    Perhaps i should be more honest and tell the next person who posts a bland photo with non existent contrast that i dont like skies that look like a washed out old grey teeshirt.

It would just be a simple expression of personal(and reasonable) preference and one i'm sure i could freely express without fear of criticism in return..................yeah right
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 22-Feb-10 at 20:23.

I'm not local and am quite new to the county. Could someone tell me where loch is and how to get to it. I love walking and being out in the country and it looks like such a beautiful place.

PM'd you spaceddaisy

here's another, no noodles and no grey washed out t-shirts I hope!!

Looks good on Black

Last edited by dragonfly; 22-Feb-10 at 20:31.

5. Default

Your definately not suffering from grey washed out tee shirt syndrome....Great shot,beautiful light....Be careful out there with those greys though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Perhaps i should be more honest and tell the next person who posts a bland photo with non existent contrast that i dont like skies that look like a washed out old grey teeshirt.

It would just be a simple expression of personal(and reasonable) preference and one i'm sure i could freely express without fear of criticism in return..................yeah right
    sheeeeeeezzzzz

I think I might have played around with this one a bit too much

some more yes I now live out at Loch More under a gorse bush for protection from the snow and wind - well my husband has suggested that I might as well be

back out again last night, first time in ages and wasn't disappointed

Whooo what a moody shot, almost feels like the sky is pressing down on one.

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Absolutely stunning, dragonfly! Great clouds, colours and reflections - a feast of textures for the eye!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234