Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loch More @ Sunset

Default Loch More @ Sunset

Couldn't believe that Loch More was still frozen!! Beautiful sunset there tonight, well worth the trek out there

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Couldn't believe that Loch More was still frozen!! Beautiful sunset there tonight, well worth the trek out there

those are fantastic pictures,you have a eye for beautiful views,i will go there to have a wee look at what i missed,thanks.

Thats a cracking trio DF - the 2nd has it for me tho', it fair draws the eye

Great series. No2 is a stunner. Well done
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

I love all three photos, dragonfly! They're all gorgeous - the second one especially so!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

thanks all

Here's another version of the 2nd photo and I like this one more, not as dark and its caught the moon in top LH corner

Default .

How lucky are we I spoke to a few of my friends yesterday about the scenary and took a few photos what a luvley place craickin photos

Talking

Liking the two sunsets can't abide water that looks like noodles!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Liking the two sunsets can't abide water that looks like noodles!
    Lizz,why not just accept the way other ppl like to take their photos.Its a great shot which should be getting praise, not a comment like yours just because its not done the way you like.
    I just dont understand this inability by you and quite a few others to accept the way someone else likes to take their photos.
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 23-Jan-10 at 14:44.

What brilliant photos Dragonfly!

No 2 is now the background on my PC and looks lovely.

MPH I am quite happy to accept editing and processing of photographs and have really liked some of the images posted,Rheghead's portrait of his daughter that looks like a medieval painting is beautiful as have been some of the fun ones that have been posted.
    I may be of an older school that was brought up with the ethic that a photograph catches the reality of the moment and the an artist interprets.
    To me a highly edited,long exposure,special lens or highly saturated photograph becomes an interpretation and there for a work of art which in no way detracts from the appeal but as you will well know there are those who like different artists,a Van Gogh is a masterpiece to one and a complete enigma to another who would prefer a Gainsborough portrait.
    I am surely entitled to say as much as the next person when I dislike something that does not appeal to me or am I not?

Number 2 my favourite,I could look at it for hours.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    MPH I am quite happy to accept editing and processing of photographs and have really liked some of the images posted,Rheghead's portrait of his daughter that looks like a medieval painting is beautiful as have been some of the fun ones that have been posted.
    I may be of an older school that was brought up with the ethic that a photograph catches the reality of the moment and the an artist interprets.
    To me a highly edited,long exposure,special lens or highly saturated photograph becomes an interpretation and there for a work of art which in no way detracts from the appeal but as you will well know there are those who like different artists,a Van Gogh is a masterpiece to one and a complete enigma to another who would prefer a Gainsborough portrait.
    I am surely entitled to say as much as the next person when I dislike something that does not appeal to me or am I not?
    You surely are entitled to your opinion but i dont think have ever commented on someones photo negatively based purely on the fact i dont like the style of it.
    There are some photos posted here which are great photos but to my eyes look about as colourful as a 10 year old washed out teeshirt but i accept that others like what they like and do what they do and choose not to comment negatively just because they're not done in a style of my liking.
    If the critisism is constructive or could be helpful to the original poster then it serves a purpose,telling someone that the water in their photo looks like noodles, just because you dont like it, is neither.

Thumbs up

I love them all but No 2 is my fav.
    They sure have the WOW factor.
    Away with the birds

I did put a smiley by my original comment MPH and did not mean for it to be taken as a non constructive criticism for which I apologise if it has been misconstrewed.

All cracking shots, the first does it for me for the interest in the foreground.

Stunning photos Dragonfly, just excellent!

thanks for all the comments, nice, constructive and non constructive

been at my daughters 18th birthday party all afternoon/night so don't think I'll be out with the camera tomorrow!!!

amazed I can still type TBH

dragonfly,

Stunning set, I particularly like the second and third images, real stunners.

here's some more from the same evening - just too many to choose from and finding it hard to refrain from editing them

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast