Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Ponies wanted on loan please (poss with view to buy)

Smile Ponies wanted on loan please (poss with view to buy)

Hi folks
    We run the pony trekking and trail riding centre (we're the ones that do the Coast to Coast trail riding holidays).
    We are on the look out for some new ponies to join us ideally on loan, or possibly loan with view to buy. Preferably safe and sane! We are looking out for something about 15/15.2hh something about 14.2 and something about 13/13.2hh. Preferably ruffty tuffty native types! Don't mind older ponies as long as they are healthy and sound - our ponies never work that hard anyway! Have a look at our website to find out more about what we do and if you think you might have a pony that would enjoy it here, please get in touch.
    www.highlandsunbridled.co.uk

Smile

Hi, I've read about you and looks like a nice place and horses
    Sorry but i've only 8months old New forrest's, colt to make 13.2hhs and a filly to make 14.2hhs not really suitable for you !

Default Loan with a view to buy

Quote Originally Posted by unbridled View Post
    We are on the look out for some new ponies to join us ideally on loan, or possibly loan with view to buy. Preferably safe and sane!
    I wish you well.

It is VERY important to only consider horses and ponies under the loan with a view to buy arrangement, since some sellers are not all that they try to appear to be. In other words, it is just as important that the seller, too, is found to be "safe and sane" before cash is parted with!

Default Quite agree

Quite agree! Always found the best way to tell a horses temperment is by looking at it's eyes - look for kind ones! Same probably applies to owners...... although I'd never presume to be 'safe and sane' myself - have to have at least one screw loose to be in the horsey game!

Quite agree! Always found the best way to tell a horses temperment is by looking at it's eyes - look for kind ones! Same probably applies to owners...... although I'd never presume to be 'safe and sane' myself - have to have at least one screw loose to be in the horsey game!
    Hmmm...not convinced about the kind eye thing. My mare has the biggest softest brown doe eyes ever......and yet she can be a real serious mean devil when she is in a bad mood. Of course there are exceptions to every rule!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Hmmm...not convinced about the kind eye thing. My mare has the biggest softest brown doe eyes ever......and yet she can be a real serious mean devil when she is in a bad mood. Of course there are exceptions to every rule!!
    Some of the comments on here are quite amusing -

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...eye-37341.html

Last edited by Stavro; 23-Jan-10 at 19:33.

Thanks for that! Good reading! So far ours have all been true to their eyes - but I'm sure one is going to catch me by suprise sometime!

TTFN!

Still looking!
    Could the lady that phoned me about the coloured cob get back in touch please - I managed to loose the big pad of paper that your number was written on - hunted the whole house and cannot find it!

If anyone has any suitable ponies, please get in touch!

We have been given the priviledge or organising this years challenge ride for World Horse Welfare, and we will need another two nice horses/ponies very shortly to join us.

Hope to hear from someone..... Jan

Default ponies

Hi folks
    We run the pony trekking and trail riding centre (we're the ones that do the Coast to Coast trail riding holidays).
    We are on the look out for some new ponies to join us ideally on loan, or possibly loan with view to buy. Preferably safe and sane! We are looking out for something about 15/15.2hh something about 14.2 and something about 13/13.2hh. Preferably ruffty tuffty native types! Don't mind older ponies as long as they are healthy and sound - our ponies never work that hard anyway! Have a look at our website to find out more about what we do and if you think you might have a pony that would enjoy it here, please get in touch.
    www.highlandsunbridled.co.uk
    did you havde any luck with the contact i passed on to you???