Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: James May at the Edge of Space

Quote Originally Posted by Sporran View Post
    Would you rather snog Jeremy Clarkson, then?
    Good grief no. Why isn't Keanu Reeves on Top Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    You would have a hard time, not being blessed with the tools..
    That's your opinion, and it's wrong.

I don't think so. Often the case with those who choose to correct others.
    As above.

I don't recall beginning any debate about my use of two dots, (accepted as a variation on message boards and internet chat), versus three. You decided to pursue that debate.
    For crying out loud if you're going to be all high and mighty about how good your English is, and how bad mine is, at least read a post before replying to it. Which bit of my comment was it that made you think I'd accused you of starting a debate: the bit where I explicitly said there was no debate?

You would do well to think about your language skills in general before continuing to revert to such pedantic diversion.
    Yawn. Is that all you can think to say?

Your oratory prowess, as evidenced by your contributions on this board, is limited.
    Wow, a nice sweeping statement there. Prove it, or shut up.

My position is that reverting to semantic debate to switch from the thrust of a debate is negative, and I react to it for that reason.
    My post was about 10 lines long. One line was a joke about you using "get out more" when talking about television. The other 9 lines were about Top Gear.

You don't care so much you keep replying..
    I keep replying because you're one of the funniest things I've read in days. You seem to be so damn up yourself. You are just making more stupid, and more hilarious, comments.

Incidentally, you are using the ellipsis wrongly almost every time . . . .
    Yeah... Right...
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Alan sweetie, why get so wound up about a single missing dot in BB's ellipses?

Get back to your star charts and tell me whether I'll get lucky if I go out tonight!
    Last edited by crayola; 23-Jan-10 at 18:33. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Good grief no. Why isn't Keanu Reeves on Top Gear?
    Why is there not a female presenter?

Why is there not a female presenter?
    I don't think the dynamics of the show would suit a female presenter, it's very much a boys club, though if they were to hire one then I think Vicki Butler-Henderson would be the ideal choice. She was on the old Top Gear, is an accomplished sports car driver, and could probably take the abuse meted out by the others.

I love her, if she was on it I would watch it for sure. If they got her and Kate Humble I would even watch the repeats..

I love her, if she was on it I would watch it for sure. If they got her and Kate Humble I would even watch the repeats..

Nah, Kate Humble is to 'mumsy'.

She would be great at looking at eco initiatives in motoring, and I would love to see her blanking those gits when they were being bairns.

Mumsy?

She is a cracker.

She would be great at looking at eco initiatives in motoring, and I would love to see her blanking those gits when they were being bairns.

Mumsy?

She is a cracker.

NO NO NO NO NO! Top Gear is all about stonking great V8's and V10's, 150mph+ cars, power laps, bad fashion, breaking rules, daft challenges and risky adventures. If you want eco motoring then watch Fifth Gear meets Countryfile.

Jox is right, Kate would be worse than hopeless on Top Gear but she'd be good at getting dead foxes removed from fences.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Jox is right, Kate would be worse than hopeless on Top Gear but she'd be good at getting dead foxes removed from fences.
    Or dead flies off of windscreens.

Risky adventure?

I will give it to you that the wee escapade Hammond got involved in was a tad risky, but they were taking no risks in South America. Why drive one of their own support vehicles the other way along a pass and pretend they risked going off the edge?

If you like staged risk, or stunts, then I suppose that is something they provide.

Breaking rules?

I don't buy that at all, they are about as rebellious as my slippers.

My point is that the show has run its course, and perhaps it is time for change. It seems to be a very tired format, and they appear to have run out of imagination. The journey through South America was unbelievably narrow in its focus. As a motoring show I would have expected they might look at the transport system in that continent, and how the car and the opening of highways has changed the remote areas, or maybe a look at the logging/deforestation issue. Even some interaction with the local culture from the perspective of how the car has changed things. We got nothing, just stage managed and totally non entertaining messing around getting 4x4s off a barge.

In Asia they totally ignored the huge variety of interesting motoring issues in favour of playing around, as always.

I think it would be great if they mixed it up a bit and got some more presenters in.

I think it would be great if they mixed it up a bit and got some more presenters in.
    Boozey you are but one voice, many others like this programme and all the spin offs, I know I do
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Geez Golach, thanks for reminding me of that.

The populist argument really does render all debate redundant.

I guess we should all button our lips unless we are praising something popular or criticizing something that is a minority interest.

Mumsy?

She is a cracker.

You have completely missed the point of Top Gear, they don't do eco initiatives

kate humble is a cracker-YEA

an j.may in space was absolutely superior

an may we have you two numpties back on please.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    You have completely missed the point of Top Gear, they don't do eco initiatives
    I have been watching it since it began, I don't think I am missing the point ... I think THEY are missing the point!

Anyway, they do actually do a lot of bits concerning these issues.

Remember how they used to always talk with disdain about diesels?

Things change.

Remember how they used to always talk with disdain about diesels?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought their problem with diesel was that it was slow.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Just to remind everyone about the key content of the thread.

BYW - Kate Humble... definitely.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
    BYW - Kate Humble... definitely.
    I hear you Ricco, with stawberries on top!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast