Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: halkirk indoor riding school

Default halkirk indoor riding school

Just want to say i took my horse to the indoor riding school in Halkirk yesterday for the very first time, i've never been in it before and was well impressed, it's a good size and very well maintained, i went along with two other girls i know and really enjoyed it, hopefully we're going to make it a weekly outing and can't wait until next week.

Thats good that you enjoyed it thats what it's all about with horses/ponies when i used to go i enjoyed it as well specially when it was wet/windy outside.
    Thou i think Caithness could easily do with another one and slightly bigger....!!

Default indoor school

hi guys how big is the indoor school?

I think the bit you ride in is about 20m x 40m (size of a normal dressage arena - someone correct me if Im wrong). But it has additional space for a tying up / tacking up and viewing area.

Another indoor school would be ace - the one here is always fully booked during winter evenings so I reckon the county could support a second one.

Default Indoor school

Here here indoor school is an asset for us in Caithness, would love another one tho and a full size one for jumping etc with warm up area....
    Christy does a super job keeping it lovely for us all, we nearly live there in the winter!
    The school brings a lot of joy to so many groups, RDA, pony club and riding club the BHS and other non horsey activities too.

We were in it this evening doing dog agility and it was great! Does anyone know the number to book it? Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    I think the bit you ride in is about 20m x 40m (size of a normal dressage arena - someone correct me if Im wrong). But it has additional space for a tying up / tacking up and viewing area.

Another indoor school would be ace - the one here is always fully booked during winter evenings so I reckon the county could support a second one.
    I agree about the booking - it's always very difficult to get a slot - could do with a better system of allocating it in the winter time but it is a great facility and we are very lucky to have it, and lucky to have Mr Cameron looking after it.

Hope to see some pictures of your horse learning to ride !
    http://www.smokingblendreviews.com/salvia-divinorum-reviewed/