Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Photo Paper

Angry Photo Paper

I'm new to posting so sorry if I ramble on a bit but I have a bee in ma bonnet.
    The last time I bought photo paper I paid less then a tenner (think it was probably £5 actually) for 100 sheets of Kodak glossy paper from Tesco in Inverness but today I tried buying some in Thurso and was absolutely disgusted. I tried Jimbews who had 2 differently priced packs at £9 and £11 both seemed exactly the same and contained only 20 sheets. My partner had bought photo paper a couples of weeks ago from Jimbews which was 20 sheets for £5 but they had none today and delivery was going to take 2 - 3 weeks. Ended up buying it from Vantage Chemist who had an extensive range (4 different packs) but it was £13 for 15 sheet (Kodak) on buy one get one free. still worked out at nearly 50p per sheet.
    Does anyone know where I can buy good quality cheap photos paper? It's so difficult to get things at a reasonable price in this county. Sorry to say it but roll on Asda and Tesco's......

yeh roll on asda and tesco,sum1 finally seen the daylight sick of paying over the odds prices

there is a site on the internet i wil find it out.....cheap cheap for a lot of sheets!

Thumbs up

I find these lot are good and online ordering has no p&p
    http://www.directfoto.co.uk/Default....gqjbefgfplelyl

Or there is always Argos opening on thursday
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Lidls had some last week and they are good quality. There is loads of places on the internet you can buy it from it is worth having a search.

Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

One of the best ones i have come across is SVP there Paper Shop is good value for money as well and the do good cdr and dvr deals as well i use them all the time and have never had any problems

And they wonder why were all crying out for the likes of tesco asda etc pure and simple were all tired of being ripped of by local companies all the time !!!
    Last edited by The Angel Of Death; 02-May-06 at 16:15.
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Garry Baxter in thurso sells photo paper starting at about £10 for 100 sheets
    amongst other computer related items if interested i can pm you his phone number or he can be found at the bb hall in thurso on thursday nights as he is the secratary of the pipe band

Quote Originally Posted by angela5
    Lidls had some last week and they are good quality. There is loads of places on the internet you can buy it from it is worth having a search.
    Yes, Lidls had 210gsm Glossy A4 at £3.99 for 50 sheets, that's the cheapest I've seen. No doubt Tesco will be bigger, better and cheaper for theirs ;o)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by motopitcrew
    Garry Baxter in thurso sells photo paper starting at about £10 for 100 sheets
    amongst other computer related items if interested i can pm you his phone number or he can be found at the bb hall in thurso on thursday nights as he is the secratary of the pipe band
    Please pm me his phone number. It's great getting bargins off the internet but it's handy knowing somewhere local when you can't wait and the cash is burning a hole in ma pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    I'm new to posting so sorry if I ramble on a bit but I have a bee in ma bonnet.
    The last time I bought photo paper I paid less then a tenner (think it was probably £5 actually) for 100 sheets of Kodak glossy paper from Tesco in Inverness but today I tried buying some in Thurso and was absolutely disgusted. I tried Jimbews who had 2 differently priced packs at £9 and £11 both seemed exactly the same and contained only 20 sheets. My partner had bought photo paper a couples of weeks ago from Jimbews which was 20 sheets for £5 but they had none today and delivery was going to take 2 - 3 weeks. Ended up buying it from Vantage Chemist who had an extensive range (4 different packs) but it was £13 for 15 sheet (Kodak) on buy one get one free. still worked out at nearly 50p per sheet.
    Does anyone know where I can buy good quality cheap photos paper? It's so difficult to get things at a reasonable price in this county. Sorry to say it but roll on Asda and Tesco's......
    I buy mine online from Viking direct - they often have good deals.

Smile Photo paper

I buy most of mine from 7dayshop.com great prices and NO VAT! if you buy the right quantity (less than £18 package)
    Bob M

I got the thick glossy photo paper from lidls, but They were sold out pretty quick! When I bought it locally I paid 80p for one sheet! Work out how much that would cost per 100!
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

scrapydoo Guest

Christies in wick 10 sheets for 99p

I've also bought the photo paper from the 99p shop in Wick and it's fine. I think it's 20 sheets for 99p though, it's glossy too.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Try going to:

www.theinkjetmarket.co.uk

Local service (Thurso), good prices and service. They also do inks and labels.

we always use www.7dayshop.co.uk for ink and paper not to mention camera accessories - hard to beat. we usually buy the fuji paper - great quality and price. quick delivery too!

Default photo paper

i get mine from viking direct on internet. they have some good bargains

Lidls were selling, 50 sheet packs of A4 glossy for £3.99, great paper.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Today in Argos ...one pack for £6.99 and get one free