Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Connecting PS3 to internet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Connecting PS3 to internet

I have been trying (since November) to connect my sons PS3 to the internet (wireless). I follow all the instructions and then when it says test it comes back with can't connect, check security settings on router. I have connected the wii in December so I know that I am putting in the correct SSID etc. I have a Netgear router and read somewhere that PS3 is not compatible with it - is this correct? Any ideas welcomed but please make them easy to understand cos I am rubbish with all this jarrgon

Default ps3

I have a netgear router and the PSŁ connect wirelessly no bother,try connecting with wired(ethernet) then that will confirm if its a problem with the router,it could be your wi-fi connector in the ps3 is faulty.

Has the version of PS3 that you have got the ability to connect wirelessly?

Just a thought.
    Who needs brakes, they only slow you down!!

I think every PS3 has the ability to connect wirelessly.

Have you tried turning the router off and on again?

Turn it off then wait 10 seconds then put it on. I had the same problem with my iPod and that fixed it.

Nope, not all PS3's have the capability to connect to the internet through wireless routers. If you have one of the 40gb models then you need the ethernet cable.
    Who needs brakes, they only slow you down!!