Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Red Deer Caithness.

Default Red Deer Caithness.

These Red Deer have been hanging around the A9 for quite sometime. Must be a feeding place for them. If you want to get some pics i'm sure they will be there tomorrow.
    They are on the right about 1 mile the Latheron side of the Rumster turn off some within 25 feet of the Road and seem quite used to seeing cars stop. Care needs to be taken regards parking. There is a layby about 100 meters further up on the right. I was lucky today few cars were using the road. And i was unlucky because it clouded over and started snowing.
    I might add the Rumster Road is open and there is lots of deep snow photo opportunities there.

Colin

Default Red Deer Caithness.

great photo's Seabird

I saw one just before the new Navidale roundabout on Tuesday night. Couple feet away from the cars going by....

Poor things must be starving.
    Nice photos.
    Away with the birds

Cheers my friend. I found them and was lucky enough to have the light on my side unlike you with your snow shower. \I managed to get waist deep in snow too which was great as we have had next to nothing here at the coast.

The Sun gets in their eyes too.

Away with the birds

Lovely pics, both of you. I haven't been brave enough to try and get down the Crask road or to Kinbrace yet!

They said it wa still closed due to snow on the radio yesterday.
    The whole of the Strath is supposed to be pretty hairy for a normal car.
    Away with the birds

Our neighbours got down and back in a Land Rover the other week and we've got a Jeep with 4WD - wouldn't risk it in the Polo!

Default Stag

Had a look today and they are still feeding at same location. Went in search of Roe Deer, i saw 3 at distance Friday and saw 1 at distance today. I parked in a lay Bay on the Rumster Road and waited for the deer to cross. No Such luck. The good thing about snow is being able to see where animals have travelled.
    So i had to make do with what i have.

Colin

What great photos Colin.

Really hope they are getting enough to eat and what about all the other wildlife?

Love the photos Kas. Glad you didn't get stuck in the snow!