Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Guitar Mods

Default Guitar Mods

Hey guys, I am going to upgrade my Mexican Strat over the next few weeks and I have already chose the pickups I'm putting in it:

Neck: Dimarzio Air Norton S

Mid: Dimarzio Chopper

Bridge: Dimarzio Super Distortion.

Now this is going to end up being a beefy sounding Strat, I'm also gonna put 500k pots in it.
    The one thing that concerns me is the 2nd Tone control on the Strat right now doesn't seem to work. From 0 to 10 when you turn it nothing happens, this never used to be like this.
    Any ideas what's happened? Maybe just the wire has gone? The Strat is from 1997.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

I'm sure I used that at a gig once?

Lmao!

I remember Marc saying "for some reason that doesn't work"

Just go by that no? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Olin View Post
    I'm sure I used that at a gig once?

Lmao!

I remember Marc saying "for some reason that doesn't work"

Just go by that no? lol
    Yeah that's the same Strat Olin, sounds awful with the stock pickups now, but once upgraded with the pickups and pots should give it a new lease of life. They are some seriously powerful pickups so it will hopefully be good enough for recording.

Quote Originally Posted by loganbiffy View Post
    Hey guys, I am going to upgrade my Mexican Strat over the next few weeks and I have already chose the pickups I'm putting in it:

Neck: Dimarzio Air Norton S

Mid: Dimarzio Chopper

Bridge: Dimarzio Super Distortion.

Now this is going to end up being a beefy sounding Strat, I'm also gonna put 500k pots in it.
    The one thing that concerns me is the 2nd Tone control on the Strat right now doesn't seem to work. From 0 to 10 when you turn it nothing happens, this never used to be like this.
    Any ideas what's happened? Maybe just the wire has gone? The Strat is from 1997.

That is going to sound awesome - but you might want to retrofit a SSC to reduce potential hummmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebus_Apollo View Post
    That is going to sound awesome - but you might want to retrofit a SSC to reduce potential hummmmmmm....
    Hopefully will sound sick man.
    I play a lot of dirty/heavy riffs so this will be perfect for my style

Can't wait lol.