Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stopped in the street

Apparently most places in Wick had ran out of food before tea time -!!!! Dam disgrace if you ask me. It was supposed to be due to the Darts being on, and the influx of visitors to Wick (shoppers???). A friend of mine went to The Yard and Spoons and they had no food left to serve by 3pm on Saturday, they went to the Chinese instead. In this day and age with freezers and microwaves looks like they need to get their acts together and stock up on food, or they will ultimatly loose business.

Cool

It will be all change in the Yard shortly as Simon is off in 5 weeks to pastures new, Spoons well they are understaffed & I can well understand this would happen

Is the Yard to change hands - if so who has bought it and where is Simon off to?

I only go through to wick occassionaly and find it difficult to get a reasonable lunch time meal, especially as I have toddler with no patience. Spoons is about the only place you can go. I like spoons but does anyone know of somewhere else for a change?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Roses
    So which place did ye send them for some food? Im still curious
    To answer your question stone roses I pionted them in the direction of Ebenezer's.

As a few of you have aready said its not easy finding a good eatery in the Royal Burgh, these places need to get up to speed quickly, good food at a good price is whats required, are the Cardosi's the only ones that have sussed this out?

And before you all go off on one and defend your local with all your heart I know there are some good places around the county, the smiddy inn at thrumster is one that springs to mind but we are lacking good value meals in the main towns.

Who knows maybe the thurso family will head Wick way if the current pubs hotels and cafes dont meet the demands of Wicks starving shoppers.

Default spoons

spoons did not run outta food on sat nor are they short staffed enough to stop serving food,they had a technical problem in the kitchen and had to close for a short while but did reopen and was serving some of the menu

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    Now, now 98elite, it's a sunny Bank Holiday Weekend. And what disgraceful behaviour do you partake in?

You set off in a determined effort to upset the Doom and Gloom Mongers who wish to convince everybody that the new stores are the end of civilisation as we know it.

You must cease spreading news of the fact that the new shops are encouraging people to come to Wick.
    It really does not fit in with the image some people wish to portray!
    Good grief, before you know it there will be rumours that people from outwith the County are coming here to shop when everybody knows that the sight of the new stores will make them flee in horror!
    Great post Jaws 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly
    Did it occur to you there is no-where to eat at the retail parK?
    wrong! There is a van selling beefburgers and there was a great long queue there the other day!
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by 98elite

As a few of you have aready said its not easy finding a good eatery in the Royal Burgh, these places need to get up to speed quickly, good food at a good price is whats required, are the Cardosi's the only ones that have sussed this out?

And before you all go off on one and defend your local with all your heart I know there are some good places around the county, the smiddy inn at thrumster is one that springs to mind but we are lacking good value meals in the main towns.

Who knows maybe the thurso family will head Wick way if the current pubs hotels and cafes dont meet the demands of Wicks starving shoppers.
    Great business opertunity! All the shops that will close in the town centre will become eateries! no need to weep, oh ye of little faith!
    I want italian and greek. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by katarina
    wrong! There is a van selling beefburgers and there was a great long queue there the other day!
    Yep...you're quite right Katarina! Sorry, i did forgot about the burger van.

Mind you, think i'd prefer to take my chances with Spoon/Yard/Houstons/Nethercliffe/Meiklejohns/Norseman/Bridge St Cafe/MacKays/Queens...etc

Who says theres no-where to eat in Wick!!!
    You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!

Cool

Great business opertunity! All the shops that will close in the town centre will become eateries! no need to weep, oh ye of little faith!
    I want italian and greek. Any takers?
    At last!! I have found somebody else that wants an Italian Eaterie in W.K, Ive never tried a greek place before but Id like to try. Am I the only 1 sick of Chinese & Indian food? Its good food but Id like some variation-nothing wrong with that is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    I only go through to wick occassionaly and find it difficult to get a reasonable lunch time meal, especially as I have toddler with no patience. Spoons is about the only place you can go. I like spoons but does anyone know of somewhere else for a change?
    try the harbour cafe. Good food and reasonable.

Cheers Katraina. I think I know the one you mean, I've not been there in years.

Cool

Theres not been anywhere really Kids friendly in Wick for ages,mind Tom Cook had the Carters Bar, with the family room. I think the francis street club did do something like this but Not much else is there?

Up above the harbour chip shop is very good, and child friendly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12