Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Are the new stores good or bad for Wick.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. They are long overdue.

52 77.61%
  • Yes. But I will still need to shop in Inverness.

16 23.88%
  • No. It will make no difference to the town.

1 1.49%
  • No. I will still shop in Inverness anyway.

2 2.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New stores. Good or bad for Wick.

I am afraid that Fred is right, half the population of Wick is below average intelligence, same as anywhere else. And half the population of Wick is above average intelligence, at least it is if we used the mathematical dataset from the population from Wick. Where the average intelligence of the average Wicker is in relation to the UK average is open to conjecture...
    Last edited by Rheghead; 01-May-06 at 09:24.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RGB
    Given freds inability to spell words containing more than 1 syllable, he should possibly refrain from commenting on the intelligence, or lack of it, of people hailing from the Royal Burgh?
    Ooooh look a spelling flame.

Do you feel better now?

Is intelligence normally distibuted?

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    That goes for any centre of population, if half were not below average and half above then it wouldn't be the average.

Just goes to show that Wick is a fairly normal place populated by a normal cross-section of society!
    Yes normal people, same as anywhere else doing polls desperate to prove what isn't in dispute.

We all know that brain washing works, nobody has said it doesn't. It's ovious that firms wouldn't pay millions of pounds to a sports star, super model, pop star or actor if the trick of association didn't work on the human mind. It's obvious that firms wouldn't spend millions on TV adverts if repetition did not work, say something often enough it becomes true, show an Aladins cave of wonderfull things almost given away with smart polite young assistants rushing up to lick your boots, pretty pleasant smiling young girls on the checkout without a queue four times an hour and they forget all about the reality of getting your ankle bruised by the little old lady desperately trying to get a supermarket trolley to go in a straight line.

Back in the 60s if someone had told me that in 40 years time people would be spending more on a bottle of water than they do an a bottle of beer I'd have thought they were insane but there they are lined up on the supermarket shelves of today and people are buying them. Of course brain washing works, of course the population of Wick are overjoyed at the arrival of all these wonderful shops selling indispensible products at giveaway prices, of course they want to be associated with them they represent a heavenly society they want to be part of even if it is just an illusion created by the add men.

CocaCola is just water, colouring, flavouring, carbon dioxide, caffein and hype and with a bit more hype they can leave the sugar out and charge you more for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fred
    Yes normal people, same as anywhere else doing polls desperate to prove what isn't in dispute.

We all know that brain washing works, nobody has said it doesn't. It's ovious that firms wouldn't pay millions of pounds to a sports star, super model, pop star or actor if the trick of association didn't work on the human mind. It's obvious that firms wouldn't spend millions on TV adverts if repetition did not work, say something often enough it becomes true, show an Aladins cave of wonderfull things almost given away with smart polite young assistants rushing up to lick your boots, pretty pleasant smiling young girls on the checkout without a queue four times an hour and they forget all about the reality of getting your ankle bruised by the little old lady desperately trying to get a supermarket trolley to go in a straight line.

Back in the 60s if someone had told me that in 40 years time people would be spending more on a bottle of water than they do an a bottle of beer I'd have thought they were insane but there they are lined up on the supermarket shelves of today and people are buying them. Of course brain washing works, of course the population of Wick are overjoyed at the arrival of all these wonderful shops selling indispensible products at giveaway prices, of course they want to be associated with them they represent a heavenly society they want to be part of even if it is just an illusion created by the add men.

CocaCola is just water, colouring, flavouring, carbon dioxide, caffein and hype and with a bit more hype they can leave the sugar out and charge you more for it.
    Fred, did you not get an ankle bruising when you were lined up in Lidls waiting to purchase your targa dvd recorder.
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie
    Fred, did you not get an ankle bruising when you were lined up in Lidls waiting to purchase your targa dvd recorder.
    No but I bruised one or two.

Seeing as Fred is only on here to run the poll down this thread is now closed. Thanks to all those who voted.
    At least we know what the majority of Wick want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12