Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Where can I buy a sledge in Thurso?

Default Where can I buy a sledge in Thurso?

I have tried CLB, Serendipity, Temptations, Harpers Fishing Shop, Whatsits, 99p store - couldn't try WD Ross hardware because it's closed.

Any more ideas?

Try a car bonnet.

Do you mean I should try sliding down the car bonnet when it is still attached to the car, or that I should remove the car bonnet and sit on it to slide down the hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Do you mean I should try sliding down the car bonnet when it is still attached to the car, or that I should remove the car bonnet and sit on it to slide down the hill?
    The second one. Use the neighbours though, no point damaging your own car.

Get thick cardboard, you must hae some from xmas, and wrap it in polythene, et voila...you have yourself a sledge.

Neccessity is the mother of invention.

W & D Ross open 11am -3pm (bottom shop). They have sledges.

Default Improvisation

I have tried CLB, Serendipity, Temptations, Harpers Fishing Shop, Whatsits, 99p store - couldn't try WD Ross hardware because it's closed.

Any more ideas?
    Tried today too and even tried in Wick but no joy. It's amazing how you can amuse a couple of adults and three bairns with some thick poly bags and a snow covered slope though. Excuse me now while I go rub some liniment on my nether regions.

Bought a shiny pink one this afternoon at WD Ross (Bottom shop) for the bairn, £9.50. Blinking rapid it is, she is chuffed with it.

Excellent - I will be at WD Ross tomorrow morning - thanks for the replies.

Excellent - I will be at WD Ross tomorrow morning - thanks for the replies.
    Have fun......just don't come running to me if you break your legs.