Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What camera?

Question What camera?

Can anyone help me as to what would be a good dslr camera to go for. Went out today took a couple of piccies with mine and smoke started to come out of it. Needless to say it doesn't work now but something has burnt out. It was a Fuji s3 pro. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmour View Post
    Can anyone help me as to what would be a good dslr camera to go for. Went out today took a couple of piccies with mine and smoke started to come out of it. Needless to say it doesn't work now but something has burnt out. It was a Fuji s3 pro. Any help would be appreciated.
    Mmmhhhh..

That was a very good cam you had, what money are you thinking of spending?

What were the things you were happy/unhappy with with that cam?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmour View Post

The Fuji S3 Pro was based on a Nikon F80 film camera body fitted with a Fuji Fovenon digital image sensor and associated electronics. It was a good camera in it's day but has been overtaken by Nikons latest digital cameras. If you have Nikon / Nikon fitting lenses and accessories for the Fuji, then I would suggest sticking with Nikon cameras. Unfortunately the only Nikon digital cameras still able to use your lenses are the D70 or D70s, the D80, D90, D200, D300 / D300s and any of the D2's and D3's. All those underlined are only available secondhand. I don't know what your budget is, but if you want something as well built as the Fuji that will take your lenses, then I would go for a D90 or D300s camera body.

nirofo.

Happy Gilmour,

My advice would be identical to nirofo's with one addition. If you do a lot of portrait work and you liked the results your Fuji s3 pro gave it might well be worth looking to see if you can find a secondhand Fuji S5 Pro.

My preference would be a Nikon D90 or D300S, also worth looking at secondhand cameras, Ffordes have a good stock of D300 bodies at the moment, https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm

Smile What camera

Thank you for your advice, I was looking along the lines of the Nikon D90. As you say Nirofo my lenses are nikon fit so seems like sense to go along the lines of a camera that will fit my lenses instead of having to sell the lenses and start afresh. I liked the S3 pro but the only problem which is very minor was the playback of images, too slow. I have been researching on dpreview. Budget about the £800 mark.